Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Which 29er tyres?
  • mdb
    Free Member

For all-round riding, mostly on south downs and technical forest singletrack.

Thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

Maxxis Ignitors 2.1"

great all rounders in the style of Fire XC Pro.

I wear mine on welsh trails and local trails in winter.
    They'r efine in summer too, but I can get away with something a bit faster round me so swap for WTBs and SB8s.

firestarter
    Free Member

bonty jones acx for me . just got some jones xr 1.8 for the crosser 😉

jfeb
    Free Member

Racing Ralph 2.4". Amazingly good all-rounders albeit at a price.

Shred
    Free Member

I'm running a Bonty Jones ACX on the front with a Maxxis Crossmark XC on the back. Had a Crossmark on the front as well but found that there was not enough grip. Really enjoyed this combo at this weekends merida.

Sam

Maxxis Ignitors sadly no longer available, the Ardents are a nice replacement but a little on the beefy side. I like Crossmark out the back and Ardent up front. I really rate the Captains as an all round tyre on both ends as well.

jfeb
    Free Member

So Ardents work OK as a front tyre then Sam? I have only tried one (2.25") on the rear so far.

Sam

Yeah, I prefer the Ardents front to rear. Really hook up well on the front, found them a bit draggy on the back.

thomthumb
    Free Member

racing ralph 2.4 ace tyre. so much cushion, so much grip but still v fast rolling.

Sam

Do like racing ralphs as well, really nice tyres. But wear quite quickly and very costly for every day riding tyres…

burley_bob
    Free Member

Panaracer Rampage 2.1" or 2.35"

bonesetter
    Free Member

I'm using the Ignitor rear on the FS – very good indeed for grip (wet & dry), good rolling

Using a 2.2 Nevegal up front – come up like 2.4 with spades of grip, light rolling too

Racing Ralph is very good, but very fragile sidewall

bent_udder
    Free Member

I'm on the North Downs. In my very limited experience (only put a 29" front wheel on the front of my singlespeed late last week) I've found the Bonty Jones ACX very grippy on the front. Bear in mind I am using it on a rigid fork, so I'm probably not pushing it as hard as if it were on a bike with suspension forks, and I've also been riding more gingerly in general on account of this being my first penny farthing. But basically, I'm happy with the ACX.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er tyres?’ is closed to new replies.