Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • glory 0, domain coil or totem coil?
  • jsm

Anyone fitted some domain coils to a glory 0? Are they good?

Are the totems worth the extra dosh? I’m off to whistler and need some new forks.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve not got my domains fitted to a Glory, but if i’m still allowed to comment?

i’ve got the 180mm travel domains, they’re ace. V stiff, not too heavy, well behaved, reliable, tough and adjustable.

like totems, but about half the price. you don’t get high/low speed compression damping, but if you don’t really understand what you’re doing, then you’re better off without it.

about a month ago i binned it at stainburn, not badly, but i watched in full slo-mo horror as my bike landed stanchion first on a big rock.

thankfully, the chromed steel stanchions are practically bullet-proof, nary a scratch.

no regrets here.

jam-bo

if you can afford totems then get them. Best forks I’ve ever had…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mark_b
    Free Member

That’s funny, the same advice from someone else who likes Stainburn and likes Domains 😉

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

I don’t know if RS have sorted out the wiper seals on the Totems since 2007, but when I was last out in Whistler one of the guys riding with us was running Totems and the seals failed after one day of wet riding….these were near new forks at the time.

On going into a local shop to get some new seals, he found that they were sold out because everyone running Totems has suffering the same problem.

But it could have just been an issue with early batches of Totems……

MtbCol
    Free Member

Another 1 for the Domains – I’ve got them on my Giant Faith and are a super fork for the price bracket. Totems are brilliant too, but I couldn’t justify the extra price for them. As Mr Whiles says, they’re totally bombproof and will get you through most of the hard stuff no problem. Downside? That bloody little anodized red rebound adjuster on the right leg. I’ve lost 3 of them to press and I aren’t forking out for another one!

alpin
    Free Member

take it out and leave it in you pack. once rebound is set you don’t need it anymore.

dasnut
    Free Member

fix totem seal issues by fitting enduro fork seals aftermarket ones. sorted. http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id200.html
    hi\lo compression means you can dial theses babies into all kinds of terrain.

and losing 3 rebound adjusters without realising you don’t need it in the leg at all is just shoolboy in its error

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

The Domains are a fine fork for the money but the Totems are just vastly superior in every way.

MtbCol
    Free Member

losing 3 rebound adjusters without realising you don’t need it in the leg at all is just shoolboy in its error

Not really – First one lost on the first ever ride with the forks, second one lost somewhere on the Fort William downhill after tweaking my rebound, and the third is hiding from me somewhere in the house – I’ve never actually had it anywhere near the bike and it’s gone walkabout!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘glory 0, domain coil or totem coil?’ is closed to new replies.