Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Which 29er?
  • Nick

Cyclescheme kicks off again soon at work, might take advantage of the slightly better than 0% finance that it offers to add another steed to the stable.

So, for about a grand, we have

On-One Inbred
    On-One Scandal
    Karate Monkey

Or from the left field (the above are all rigid and ss)

Charge Cooker Hi

What other ones should I be looking at?

oldnpastit

charliedontsurf

Cooker is ace. Just won the mbr £1000 29er test. Beating cannondale and specialized. Awesome handling.

jfeb
    Free Member

You could get a Singular Swift made up SS for not much more than a grand. I did with a Gryphon.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I think the Salsa ones are pretty nice! Haven’t tried them though.

flashes
    Free Member

Good luck on actually trying to buy an On One…….

brant
    Free Member

Good luck on actually trying to buy an On One…….

Yes. It is a bit like that. But we have Scandal29 and Inbred29 frames on the water right now. They will be open for preorder this week I hope.

Nick

Brant, will they be sold as full bikes and will I be able to get one for less than the magic grand? 😀

That Giant looks good, but out of the price range. The Charge looks great for the money and is a real contender, just a bit wary of cheapo 28mm forks, not sure the Singular is worth the premium over the on-one, they look nice though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

not sure the Singular is worth the premium over the on-one, they look nice though.

I’m having that problem too, I want a swift, but they’re both delayed by the same ammount of time (both due late November, maybe they’re on the same boat!), but a Scandal 29er with swapouts and carbon forks is still £40 cheeper and 3lb lighter which might swing it.

benslow
    Free Member

The COOKER does get an ace review – just the kind of stuff I wanted to hear about a 29er …

But its mingin IMO.

The best looking one is the singlespeed version.

ska-49
    Free Member

Chumba HX2 ? Ive just bought one from Si at progressive cycles. Great value and awesome fun to ride. My first 29er but am really enjoying it.

Nick

I think the charge looks nice, the review
    here does read well, would rather have a carbon rigid fork than the cheap suspension fork though.

Chumba looks nice, not sure that it’s available on the cyclescheme though…

jfeb
    Free Member

I’d like to try a Cooker. The high bottom bracket (and oddly still long chain stays) sounds like a nightmare to me, but I’d like to understand why it got such a good review.

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Yeah, im going to swap the Duster in for a Cooker when i can… was looking at a Salsa too but the Charge is good value. Probably get some better forks at the same time.

If Mrs Almighty allows!

Nick

I’d just like Brant to reply 🙂

bullheart
    Free Member

Jabberwocky perhaps…?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Which 29er?’ is closed to new replies.