Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Where would you ride on Saturday
  • el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Got a pass for the weekend!!!! I’m looking for inspiration

Based in West Yorkshire and plan to ride Sat (early start/home for dinner) Prepared to drive couple of hours as I don’t fancy riding around airedale again.

Natural or trail centres – I don’t mind.

Any suggestions?? / CalderdalePeak/Dales/Lakes/ even scotch-land at a push (earlier start)

Thanks

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Based on the weather I’d be going to the trail centres if I were you. If the natural trails and hills aren’t still covered in snow by the weekend, they’re likely to be wet and muddy instead.

Whinlatter? If the weather does clear up you’ve got stacks of good Lakeland riding instead/as well.

johnellison
    Free Member

Dales area should be OK, it drains fairly well being mainly limestone. Thought I might have a sniff round Settle/Malham on Saturday.

wonderchump
    Free Member

Mary Townley Loop starting at Hurstwood reservoir. You can ride for hours on paths and sheep trails then session the bike trail in the woods near the car park for a bit before heading home.

Alternatively try Coed Llandegla near Wrexham – it takes me 1.5 hours to drive from Elland and you can blue, red and black run to your hearts content there. Great cafe too – Food is excellent … Check the weather before setting off.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Dales area

Really? I would have said there are too many grassy trails linking the nicely drained rockier stuff to suggest the Dales. I’ve had some right old “experiences” slogging along soggy Dales routes

ads678

I’m doing snowdon on Saturday! 😯

I hope the weather is better than this, other wise i might end up at Llandegla as well!!

martinhutch

Some bits of the Settle Loop will be a bit of a boggy trudge on Saturday, I confidently predict. Not all of it, obviously, but there may be better routes offered up.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

What about the Long Mynd? I’ve wanted to have a look for a while. Is it a waste if time even thinking about heading there.

Rorschach
    Free Member

To work.

trusty

Long Mynd should be good, pretty much always dry under wheel as well!

Mackem

Gisburn?

tomhoward

Given the clement conditions I may ride out to Stainburn if I can get work all done tonight. Makes a change from all the road riding!!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

trusty – Member

Long Mynd should be good, pretty much always dry under wheel as well!

Don’t know about that – did a CRC Marathon event there in the middle of the “summer”, and it was pretty soggy in lots of places then. I shudder to think what it’d be like after another six months of heavy rain and recent snow.

Maybe Cannock or Llandegla?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Where would you ride on Saturday’ is closed to new replies.