• This topic has 68 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Where you been today??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Planned on riding Cadir Idris then a lap of CYB. Set off as you do CI, but turned round 3/4 the way up as it was blooming windy. Would’ve been silly to have pressed on up to the Trigg, so opted for the safer choice of cutting it short. Still had fun on the way back down and more than a couple of sketchy moments.

CYB car park was rammed but didn’t see that many out, 1x group of about 12, couple of couples and a coulee of solos. Had a giggle there as always, trails were riding nice and kept you out of the wind.

Stopped on the way back at the Rhug cafe near Corwen for a brew and bap, now happily chilling filled up with Pizza and a few beers, watching Prometheus

Half pished

Carlos

ton

into leeds on my crutches, first time out of the house in 6 weeks.

rock n roll eh……….. 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Work,surrounded by bikes but only able to ride one too & from work. Out with the NWALPSCC crew tomorrow though

fadda

Abergavenny, Pokémon hunting with a 10 y-o.

Expected tedium and cross words, but was actually a surprisingly pleasant day, in which we chatted about all sorts of good stuff. I enjoyed my day!

christhetall
    Free Member

Macc forest. Rode 10 miles, realised I’d lost my keys, retraced my tracks, still didn’t find them…..

Think I must win the muppet of the weekend prize!

aP
    Free Member

Into work for 4 hours this afternoon, stymied by ProjectWise issues, then a cheeky half, asparagus risotto and a rather good Bandol rosé.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Work. Watching prisoners & their visitors (inc squawking bloody brats) both AM & PM.
    Same tomorrow. 👿

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

i went up the top of Hay Bluff, then turned back round. 700 ft of climbing and 2,9 miles, so a very short ride, but a fun descent. i think the antibiotics im on are effecting me as i have been feeling rubbish all day.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

sorry, double post.

DezB
    Free Member

Did a loop on the South Downs with singletrackmind. Beautiful day, gorgeous hills, stupid Garmin, nettle tingles and aching muscles. Love it. Mountain biking is brilllliliaant!

hairyscary

To the motor factors to buy new brake calipers for my car as one of the rears had seized on. Then wasting the day changing them and bleeding them (never done it before, so it was a learning process).
    Why do people like to work on cars? Messy, cold and a waste of time.

Tomorrow will be Scolty Hill in Aberdeenshire.

chvck
    Free Member

Sitting in my house for the vast majority, seems I can’t ride 2 days in a row anymore so hopefully be able to tomorrow!

mcnultycop

My only foray out was for hangover McDonalds.

curto80
    Free Member

Tour of the Isle of Wight.

Fish and chips on the beach in Ventnor, a glass of Adgestone red at the vineyard and some IoW ice cream to end. Brilliant day out.

colournoise

Round the local woods, walking my dog. Did a lumpy (for round here) 50km on the singlespeed last night, so my legs didn’t really feel like riding today.

jonnyrobertson

I done go been to work. On my way home now, an hour and 20 late as my taxi didn’t turn up to take me from the depot to the train station so I missed me train. Yay. You weren’t specifically asking where we’d been on bikes, were you? Haven’t been anywhere on mine for ages.

Pook

Long Mynd. Front brake died up on top – had to ride down Carding Mill valley with just a rear. fun.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Got dropped off at the start of ‘kill me thrill me’, rode that then rode on to a trail called ‘out there’. Then a road slog back to the lodge, all in whistler btw!

onehundredthidiot

Our sportive trying to raise funds for a pumptrack. 50 miles most of the climbing into a horrible headwind. At one point I was working hard and managing 8mph.

whitestone
    Free Member

Nice one Ton! The first steps are the hardest.

Went for a wander over the over side of the valley to investigate a little network of bridleways I’d not been on before. Nothing technical but a few potential bivy spots.

Will probably head up to watch the Three Peaks race today.

ebennett

Biggish ride round cut gate and WLT, wee bit of a headwind on the way back! Finished off with beers and a lovely burger from Solita.

milky1980
    Free Member

Did the BHF London-Brighton Off-road yesterday, just over 7 hrs and my legs are definitely on strike to go riding today 😆

jamj1974

Pook – Member
    Long Mynd.

Us too. Headwind on the top was huge.

shifter
    Free Member

I was in the land of nod and now I’m in the land of work. The difference is about 10 miles and 90 degrees. Oh and my eyes are now open.

kiwijohn

Went up my local trail to clear some trees. Put my back out big time moving a branch.
    Had to crawl back to my bike. Was thinking about calling someone to come & get me when some other riders came along & helped me up. Managed to walk my bike home.
    Thankfully you can still get a doctor to do a home visit on a sunday afternoon, no painful trip to A&E. My wife had to get her brother to take her to the chemist for me.
    Now facing a few uncomfortable days at home all because I tried to fix some trails.

martinhutch

Big southerly wind equals Skipton to Kirkby Stephen one way using bits of the Pennine Bridleway and anything vertical on the map!

Poor train though – nasty headwind all the way back…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mate bailed on a MTB ride so took the road bike out for a spin
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Mp1miQ]And one of the view[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    Planned 60km, ended up with 110km, who needs a plan

Cake was a lot more use than a plan…

and at some point I’ll perfect the art of the effortless looking road selfie…best go back to taking pics of the bike and cake I think
    https://www.strava.com/activities/723975439 Pt 1
    https://www.strava.com/activities/723993694 Pt 2

jamj1974

Nice going Mike! Always good to have the time to increase the distance. Cake well deserved!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Rode 15 miles in my kitchen – given my current state I’m chuffed with that!

nathb
    Free Member

Strava central both today and yesterday. 🙄

isitafox
    Free Member

Under the shed building my Rockhopper up, still need to fit cranks, chain, brakes and bars but I’m waiting for a stem and rotor to arrive before I can finish it off.

jekkyl

well I was in bed until the wife came in & rudely whipped the duvet off me declaring since she was up 3 times in the night feeding the baby there was no ducking way I was getting a lie in!

qwerty
    Free Member

Just off up the woods for an hour or two of plummet & winch tech fest 🙂

shadowrider
    Free Member

Today I done my first road event, The Tommy Godwin Challenge, 100km around Warwickshire and Worcestershire and back to Solihull. All very pleasant and well organised but I don’t think I’m a lover of road riding.

CheesybeanZ

Fod was riding great today , sunshine and showers with plenty of grip on surprisingly dryish trails .

bikebouy
    Free Member

CXer training today, 80k of long intervals in the very windy South Coast.

Should have gone windsurfing 😐

rickmeister

40 k of the finest Black Forest single trail, sluchsee and titesee, there was cake, sausage, a schnapps museum and beer

zippykona

Reigate Hill and around. If it was spiky or sticky it was out today.

jruk
    Free Member

8th birthday party today. Yesterday was 100k – Plymouth to Exeter across Dartmoor. Top day out.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Tough Mudder !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Where you been today??’ is closed to new replies.