• This topic has 68 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yunki.
Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Where you been today??
  • ajantom

50km around East Devon on my new Genesis Vagabond. Very enjoyable ride 🙂 apart from
    a) Getting soaked in a sudden downpour.
    b) inadvertently straying onto an XC race course on Woodbury Common, and being shouted at by a Marshall for going the ‘wrong way’. He looked confused when I explained wasn’t taking part in the race, and queried why they were sending riders up what is a long established downhill track!

whitestone
    Free Member

Woke up feeling knackered so didn’t ride over to the 3 Peaks CX but decided to drive over and do a quick loop to include a bridleway I’d not been on. Got caught in a big shower near the end then wheel sucked on the back of a couple of roadies (they were decent about it, especially since I was on my B+ tyres!). Watched a few of the riders come through at Ribblehead, plus all the stupid drivers (“effing impatient idiots” according to the woman at the Tea van!).

@jruk – a 100K ride is a good effort for an 8yr old 😆

soundninjauk

After the rain this morning turned into a lovely day for 120km on the road bike down to Box Hill and back from west London, via a few other minor inclines in the area. Even beat my brother to the top of the hill for the first time. Although his hangover might have had something to do with that…

panzerjager
    Free Member

Freiburg Canadian trail this morning, beautiful blue skies, cable car to the top for breakfast, then back down some pretty fantastic dusty trails, couldn’t have been better.
    Every body stayed upright, sort of, then a cold beer by the Driesam river on the way home.
    Perfect.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Porlock Toll Road Hill Climb, embarrassingly slow. 😳

Matt_SS_xc

Lustleigh today- brilliant as ever

binners

Where I’ve been isn’t important (out and about with the Binnerettes), What is important is that before I went out I put lamb shanks, a bottle of red and a load of onions, garlic and Rosemary in the slow cooker.

The smell I’ve just walked back in too would have even Junkyard casually discarding his vegetarianism 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Llangdegla.
    A spur of the moment plan, but a good plan nontheless.
    Couldn’t see Snowdon tho

matt_outandabout

Just finished 3 day descent of the river Spey, by open canoe, wild camping on the river, with LD of this parish. Sun, no rain, shorts for three days – and it’s nearly October. Absolute belter of a trip…. Pics to follow. 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

Did a 53 mile road bike ride round the Essex lanes – my first half century ride for a few years. Pretty breezy in places!

allfankledup

Took daughters to their first crit race. Picked eldest daughter off floor after crash on second lap and made her get back on her bike….

Followed up by the kids having a blether with Graeme Obree, which was rather cool. They didn’t have s clue who he was at the time….

qwerty
    Free Member

[/url]2016-09-25_06-37-30 by martinddd, on Flickr[/img]

jamj1974

Matt_outandabout. That sounds great!

Wookster

Hamsterly forest with the junior Wooksters and The Mrs. Very nice little pootle!!

jimmy

Glentress on the “tourist trails” for the first time in a long time. Actually great fun, except for…. Those guys sprinting up the first climb a sit if it’s race and shouting people out the way accordingly. If this is Strava, I’m falling out with it.

gra

Hamsterley too with Mrs gra. Short but very enjoyable half the red loop.

doordonot
    Free Member

Did the Wiltshire Air Ambulance sportive – entered the 100 miles of road with a merry group of three other riders from my lbs group rides. Normally I potter around at 15mph, but this was 20mph+ on the rivet and chewing stem for the first fifty followed by a spectacular bonk then pealed off and went home to the pub for beer and pizza. Happy enough with 80 miles on a very windy day.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Chasing jr_bandito#1 around the Osprey Trail at Kielder

The most fun on a bike in a while. 🙂

RustySpanner

In work today.
    Road ride over to
    the cafe in Barley via Barrowford and Downham tomorrow.

Got to have an ice cream and a mooch round the churchyard at
    Downham, it’s the law.
    Then Barley for lunch.

Unless it’s lagging it down, in which case I’ll stay in bed.

scotroutes

Chummed the Mrs to the Inverness Marathon/10k this morning and had a wee spin up to Ryvoan on the Amazon after removing the mudguards and fitting knobblies.

sirromj

Entered MSG rnd9 at Langdon Hills but Dartford Tunnel was half closed and would have got there after race start so went straight on to Hadleigh Park instead. Enjoyed it, and was nice and quiet with only a handful of people there.

Nipper99
    Free Member

130k with Swansea CTC. Out to Ferryside via sustrans and back lanes – nice bracing coastal ride.

mechanicaldope

Cardiff running in Survival of the Fittest. Great fun!

robcolliver
    Free Member

Fernie.

pondo

Just getting into running so done a gentle 10k to see if I could (I say 10k but Strava says 5.9 miles dammit, so mot quite!), then off to rehearsals then into town for a drink with Mrs Pondo. A good day. 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

Me and my other half went to the Quantocks for the first time (shameful really considering it’s only a 45 minute drive away) and stayed at The Blue Ball in Triscombe..

The accommodation was wonderful and we were treated like we were guests in Ian’s home with a cooked breakfast in his own kitchen every morning, our wish was his command..
    With the Blue Ball being a restaurant, there was little in the way of pub grub on offer so the food was a little pricey but really good, and as paying guests he had no problem rustling us up chips and beer out of hours..

The riding was obviously top class, and Mlle yunki’s confidence came on in leaps and bounds during the first day where we rode for 7 hours..
    We did the ridge ride and Holford Combe (wow) but then made a bit of an error in taking the greenway trail around the north edge thinking that it would be fairly gentle (it wasn’t) before climbing back up onto the ridge by the deer park and bombing along the top back to Triscombe

The next morning we drove over to Selworthy and rode up through the woods from the church to Selworthy Beacon, before heading left to ride the cheeky trail down to Allerford for that immense view and obligatory iconic Exmoor photo opportunity..
    Sat on the high exposed singletrack looking out over Porlock, watching kestrels and buzzards hunting below us was a breathtaking treat

On the final day we drove up onto the ridge for a final meander over the tracks on the top of the Quantocks

Mlle yunki is hooked and is now looking forward to battering the NHS cycle to work scheme for a decent bike and is already scheduling regular rides to fill the autumn with… Full of win!! 🙂

We nipped up to Woodbury Common on Sunday to keep the momentum going and like Ajantom, we got caught in the only (torrential) downpour of an otherwise beautifully sunny day

neilthewheel

Must have done all of 8 miles on the Beamish Oddsox easy ride but that was great because it was my first mtb ride since I broke my shoulder. We had a barbie after.

ajantom

We nipped up to Woodbury Common on Sunday to keep the momentum going and like Ajantom, we got caught in the only (torrential) downpour of an otherwise beautifully sunny day

It was heavy wasn’t it!
    Was that you in a small group, one whom was on a Foes?

yunki
    Free Member

naaah, just me and mrs yunki… We got blimmin’ soaked!!

Soul and a GT

I was the fella cowering under a very insubstantial bush 😳

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Where you been today??’ is closed to new replies.