• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by lcj.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where to go DHing in the SE this weekend?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

as above.

GW
    Free Member

I'd head West, maybe even North West.

kimbers

if you have mud tyres aston!

ddmonkey

I can't be sure but my guess would be that Aston is a sticky gloopy nightmare at the moment… If you don't mind short runs try Woburn or Chicksands for a bit of non sticky fun?

lcj

Rogate should be dry

mikey74
    Free Member

Rogate?

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Its a good all weather spot. There is a map in there somewhere to.

lcj

Rogate 😉

Have a look on SouthernDownhill, there should be directions all over there.

Some video footage in the Bernie Kerr video on Dirt at the moment.

Lots of short but fun DH runs, easy push, and sandy so invariably dry and grippy, except when it's super hot and dusty.

lcj

http://www.downhill911.com has a useful map too.

Cheers

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks, I'll have a look. Rogate is about 65 miles (each way) for me and Woburn is about 95. Are the trails at both easy to find?

lcj

Yes and yes, as long as you've got good directions and follow them. Both places could put you on a goose chase otherwise.

I prefer Woburn to Rogate – the DH runs are about the same length but somehow more fun, plus there are dirt jumps and a pump track too.

Of the two I would reckon Rogate will be the drier. Woburn could be quite sloppy in places if it's had the rain we've had in Surrey.

Where are you coming from?

mikey74
    Free Member

Near Gatwick. I was thinking of going to PORC but imagine it will be a quagmire (giggedy).

I do fancy Woburn as there appears to be a greater variety of types of trails.

lcj

Has there been any building at PORC recently? I haven't been in years as it seemed to lose its way.

If you've got the time for the drive the Woburn would be the best day out I reckon, especially if the weather's fair. Rogate wont be too hard to get to from Gatwick so I'd be tempted to save it for a wet day.

yossarian
    Free Member

romney marsh is good

mikey74
    Free Member

I went to PORC a while ago and it seemed like they were building a new visitors centre and doing the place up. They have also renamed the place Viceroys Wood and started a new website but there is still no information on the website. It does seem that the bloke who runs it is a bit erratic. It's about 10 miles from me so may pop along sometime to have a look.

Do any rough maps of Woburn exist?

lcj

The DH and jumps are all pretty much in one place, so if you've got directions to that spot you'll be in business. If you've been told to park on a big grass verge on a main-ish road (cant remember the number off hand, sorry) then you're in the right direction.

Sounds like it might be worth a trip back to PORC come summer time..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where to go DHing in the SE this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.