Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where to get 35mm Boxxer foam rings?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

need 4

Konastoner
    Free Member

TFTuned and or LoCo should have them.

honourablegeorge

Boxxers don’t use foam rings – there’s two seals, one outer dust seal, one inner oil seal.

zangolin
    Free Member

I’m guessing Rob knows they have no foam rings already.
    It’s a Mod some people do on Lyriks/35mm Boxxers (Older 32mm Boxxers also)- remove the black oil seal and replace with two 35mm foam rings each side – so 4 in total are required. Improves small bump compliance and reduces stiction although bit more lower servicing is required.

honourablegeorge

zangolin – Member

I’m guessing Rob knows they have no foam rings already.
    It’s a Mod some people do on Lyriks/35mm Boxxers (Older 32mm Boxxers also)- remove the black oil seal and replace with two 35mm foam rings each side – so 4 in total are required. Improves small bump compliance and reduces stiction although bit more lower servicing is required.

I’ve learned something new. Interesting that. I stuck a set of Enduro Seals on mine, they seem to have had a similar effect, although the foam rings make sense.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Exactly right Zangolin.

I had this done by TFT on my old U-Turn Lyriks around 3 years ago when the 35mm Boxxers were first released, I believe it was a mod for the race scene initially.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Zangolin top work. Now where do I get em

zangolin
    Free Member

Don’t know Rob – as konastoner says Loco/TFT/J-Tec would be the people to ask.

Northwind

TF certainly have them- they fitted some to my Lyriks. But they only seem to sell them as part of the low friction seal kit, which ain’t cheap.

zangolin
    Free Member
    rob-jackson
    Free Member

Loco says no, £22 is a lot!! I know it includes wipers but cash is tight at the minute.

Anyone know where i can these from??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where to get 35mm Boxxer foam rings?’ is closed to new replies.