Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Where to buy suspension linkage bearings
  • hilton83
    Free Member

For a 2011 trek remedy to be precise.
    Id like to be able to just purchase a “complete set” so that if i strip it to service it all i have all the parts needed to replace the ones that might need it.

BoardinBob

Kaesae is your man

Ambrose

Or Igus

You will need to do the measuring first though.

http://www.igus.co.uk/wpck/default.aspx?pagename=bicycle

Really helpful guys to deal with. And the cheapest and best I’ve found to date.

davy-g
    Free Member

yep, +1 for Kael

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KaTec-Bikes?_trksid=p4340.l2563

I bought a full set of bearings from him only just last week for my 08 trek Session 10

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Any Trek dealer must be able to get them surely?

RustyMac

I got the bearings for my Iron Horse MK3 from him (similar in that it also uses a linkage and multiple bearings), I just gave him the numbers off the bearings and he had all but one pair of them in stock and it only took him a couple days to get the other pair. The bearings in my bike were fitted in spring this year I checked them earlier this week and they are still as good as the day they were fitted. I was so happy with them i went back to Kael for Pro 2 hub bearings in Autumn this year.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Thanks for the link thats very helpful !

What tools do you need in order to do a bearing change? Its specifically for a Giant Anthem if that matters.

Ta

scruff
    Free Member

BETD for me. Even if not listed on website they will do a good deal on full sets.

rickmeister

And another for Kaesae, he is on here, do a name search… very helpful and working on my pedals too…

RustyMac

FunkyDunc

If you do a search for Kaesae or go through his ebay shop you will find contact detils for him. He will be able to advise on tools for replacing the bearings on your Giant Anthem.

kaesae
    Free Member

I have a 2010 Fuel that I just changed the bearings on, absolutely love the Trek frames, frame was only a year old and not seen much use and the bearings were ruined.

I have some tools for Giant frames that I produced recently, what year of Anthem is it ❓

kaesae
    Free Member

How is everyone doing ❓ 😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Its a 2011 Anthem X2.

To be honest they dont need doing right now, but I have read they dont last long so keeping tabs on costs so that I dont get a shock when it comes to repair time!

Euro
    Free Member

Kaesae, bearing kit for an 07 Commie Supreme mini DH???

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Funnily enough I was just about to track you down kaesae.

How much would a full set of bearings be for a Santa Cruz Blur (assume the Blur XC and Blur 4X are exactly the same)?

kaesae
    Free Member

NNNNOOOOOO!

I’m on holiday!

On the other hand I just finished a tooling kit for dealing with those bloody commy main pivots. When the main pivot bearings rust the job can be one of the hardest I’ve come across.

Can you get your main pivot through axle out euro? and how are you putting the new bearing in?

As for the Blur classics, which is the 4x and a few other they run 4x 38802 bearings, I don’t stock them usually as I can’t get them at good prices.

You might be better of buying bearings on line, depending on the prices and availability, stif have them for £32.

http://www.stif.co.uk/mtb/product/santa-cruz-blur-bearing-kit/7281

If you can’t find them anywhere I can get you some, but the enduro brand bearings are decent quality.

What year of Blur is it?

robhughes
    Free Member

+10 for kaesae.
    He’s your man without a doubt. :mrgreen:

Euro
    Free Member

I haven’t even tried but they’ve not been touched for 4+ years so gawd knows what state they’re in. Don’t know how i’m taking them out or putting them in – no doubt a hammer will be involved though 😆

Enjoy your hols and i’ll get in touch after crimbo.

LsD
    Free Member

I’ll second igus if ye need bushings- used them afore, no minimum order amount- postage is fairly high, but indeed, very helpful company.

kaesae
    Free Member

Euro it’s cool, working on bikes is my hobby, I very rarely get to do it these days.

Email me when ever you want and I will pitch in!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy suspension linkage bearings’ is closed to new replies.