Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Where to buy smart jeans?
  • Alejandro
    Free Member

Finding a nice pair of jeans seems nigh-on impossible for me. I can’t be the only one surely? It seems infinitely more difficult to find a good pair of jeans than any other item of clothing. None of them seem to fit very well and the latest trend for ultra-slimline men’s jeans has left me not being able to get my calves or quads through most of them!

I’m looking for some nice, smart jeans – dark blue, minimal distressed look, no frills, good cut, slim, but not so slim you can’t get your manly quads through them. The kind of thing you can wear with a smart shirt and loafers. And preferably not costing a fortune (i.e. over £50). Moon on a stick or doable? Your recommendations please.

scaredypants

Excuse me Mr Clarkson, can I have an autograph please ?

project
    Free Member

try Matalan, loads of jeans and stretch fit ones as well

Alejandro
    Free Member

Excuse me Mr Clarkson, can I have an autograph please ?

😯

big_scot_nanny

on a serious note, GAP surely has the most vast selection of jean fit and styles?

Even I can get a pair that look half decent.

HTH!

Kev

oddjob
    Free Member

The gap

CountZero

Try the selvedge Japan Denim at Uniqlo. Lovely dark blue undistressed denim, no decoration, fancy stitching, labels or any of that crap, and the regular fit are just perfect. One point, waist sizing comes up small, I take a 32×34 usually, but I happened to be in That London and visited their store. They didn’t have the selvedge, that’s online only, but I tried a pair of my regular size, and couldn’t get them over my hips! I ordered a pair of 34×34 when the online store had them, a bit worried about them, but they were perfect, exactly the right size for me, and really nice to wear.
    These are the best ones: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070929
    Really thick denim, and very well made, or these: http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/070994

13thfloormonk

Just got some Uniqlo jeans, really happy with the fit (my girlfriend noticed so it must be good!) and they’re pretty smart.

I found the sizing pretty accurate, but they start off snug, you need to wear them a little until they fit perfectly.

john_drummer
    Free Member

“smart” and “jeans” in the same sentence?
    oxymoron

aP
    Free Member

uniqlo

wysiwyg
    Free Member

firetrap shops have gone pop, got some for 35 from 105

snax

Only ones I could get to fit November time were from Next, slight stone wash, loose fit jeans through… But nothing else fitted my legs in…

TiRed

Levis 514s in a range of fabrics. Seem to fit my slim build but don’t look like your sister’s.

It’s no help but I buy mine in the US

footflaps

My ‘work’ jeans come from GAP, dark blue, no distressing, no silly pockets half way down your leg.

spando
    Free Member

The same shop you get “smart phones” I guess 😆 sorry that was crap but it made me smile 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Smart + Jeans?

😕

lunge

Try Jeff Banks at Debenhams. Yes, they are department store jeans but they fit your needs.

crazy-legs

Smart + Jeans? 😕

What the good Captain said. The only place I ever managed to get decent looking jeans that fit my lanky legs was the Levi’s outlet store – Levi’s without paying stupid prices.

Rapha jeans are very nice too but I didn’t pay anything near the £150 that they charge… 😯

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Ebay and look at APC new standards, ACNE, Edwin, Nudie, PRPS etc. Uniqlo are decent but I think you can do better if you shop around.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Forgot about Albam, really nice jeans, about as slim as I can go with my thunder thighs but a really nice fit.

tails
    Free Member

Look on ebay for Nudie either big bengt, sharp bengt or average joe. Look on the nudie website for the sizes.

They retail for around £80 but can be had on ebay for £30 having been worn only a handful of times, there probably nicer from ebay as they are extremely stiff brand new like card board. Edwin are okay but I prefer Nudie.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

but can be had on ebay for £30 having been worn only a handful of times,

Second hand trousers?

WTF?

CountZero

Ebay and look at APC new standards, ACNE, Edwin, Nudie, PRPS etc. Uniqlo are decent but I think you can do better if you shop around.

Better than £70 for brand new heavy weight Japanese selvedge denim? Sorry, but I find that hard to believe, most Japanese selvedge starts at around $200, and they’re much heavier denim than Howies, unless you go for their Japan selvedge, which are £180!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Second hand trousers?

WTF?

Oh how truly awful.

Better than £70 for brand new heavy weight Japanese selvedge denim? Sorry, but I find that hard to believe, most Japanese selvedge starts at around $200, and they’re much heavier denim than Howies, unless you go for their Japan selvedge, which are £180!

You might find it hard to believe but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong, I got some BNWT Edwin x Folk selvedge last week for £56, got some brand new Edwin SEN (superior Japan only selvedge) for £17, used but perfect Our Legacy £38 and a lot of other bargains. If you’re buying new from a shop I don’t think you can beat Albam for £80, although Oi Polloi were doing a deal on Denim so you could get APC for £90. Not saying Uniqlo are bad but there are plenty better.

spacemonkey

MandM Direct.

They also partner with a Ted Baker store.

Huge savings, speedy delivery and bang tidy gear.

ryreed
    Free Member

Levis 506 work for me for the type of thing you’re looking for. They normally cost a bit more though. They do last well and because I know they fit I always go back to them rather than mucking about looking for others. Worth the bit extra IMO.

I agree about the difficulty finding decent jeans that don’t look totally naff. BTW, they are nowhere near as baggy as they look in all the adverts images of them. They are all wearing a few sizes too big.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Better than £70 for brand new heavy weight Japanese selvedge denim?

the uniqlo denim is not heavyweight and doesn’t last as long as a pair of edwin selvage or other similar quality jean (APC, natural selection etc)
    would rather spend a bit extra for some proper 14oz demim with a good fit like edwin nashvilles

mattsccm
    Free Member

Shooting shops.
    Seriously.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy smart jeans?’ is closed to new replies.