Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Where to buy sealed bearing cartridges
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I have an fsa orbit xl 2 headset and the bottom cartridge is shot. I have found replacement cartridges on a couple of cycling websites and they are virtually the same price as a new headset. Do bearing companies sell cartridges or am i stuck with the cycling shops?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Simply bearings and type in the number printed on the side.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Local Bearing Shops….

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 Simply Bearings.

Sadly we have lost Katec else I’d recommend him also 🙁

Oh and headset bearings, I’ve found Superstar pretty good there. You can get them from bearing shops also, but they work out similar if not cheaper price sometimes (as ACBs aren’t cheap).

blader1611
    Free Member

Joshvegas – perfect shop but hideous website, tried every number and it finds nothing, cant even see anything similar.

mikey3
    Free Member

Deadkenny that’s not in bad taste at all.

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Try these, they’re fsa wholesalers but will sell to public:

http://bps-distribution.co.uk/

blader1611
    Free Member

Simply bearings dont have the cartridge that i am after plus deadkenny is right in terms of price,virtually the same.

Thanks for the suggestions, will be using simply bearings for something else i had in mind.

deadkenny
    Free Member

mikey3 – Member
    Deadkenny that’s not in bad taste at all.

😕

Sorry if that’s taken the wrong way 🙁

Hotfly
    Free Member

I would definitely recommend Wych Bearings – they do a large range of Enduro bearings:

http://www.wychbearings.co.uk/bike_bearings.html

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

That’s well timed, I could do with some too.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

DeadKenny, I took it as a homage not as bad taste. That thread came out of people asking what had happened to his business, as he was widely recommended here.

deadkenny
    Free Member

He was a top bloke

carlosg
    Free Member

Had a look at your profile that says you’re in the Leeds area , I got some ceramic bearings for my pro2 front wheel a couple of weeks ago from Aire Bearings in Pudsey for £18 the pair.

scotroutes

+1

Don’t fret about it DK- I think most folk were in tune with you.

blader1611
    Free Member

Carlosg thanks for the recommendation but they only have the top race but those are the kind of prices i like, i will definately be using them for the top race and other stuff.cheers.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy sealed bearing cartridges’ is closed to new replies.