Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)
  • scotroutes

Kael was a one-time regular of this forum whose, err, different views sometimes brought him into conflict with other forumites. He was also a top bloke who would go out of his way to help other riders with no regard to his own costs.

We’ve had news that he passed away on 31st December.

I hope you have peace now bro.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shit that is really crap news

May your trails be dry and dusty

RustyMac

As per the other thread, it is shitty news. May he rest in peace and find happy trails.

Drac

RIP sad news.

boxelder

other thread

That was he?
    That’s tragic. A great bloke, often misunderstood on here.
    RIP fella

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Always very pleasant and nice to deal with, an eccentric but all the best people are.

All the best to those close to him.

jamj1974

A massive shame. Rest in peace.

cakefacesmallblock

Very sad to see this.
    I only ever had a very positive vibe when speaking with him about bearings and always felt that he was genuinely happy to help and advise.
    We are missing a good person and fellow rider.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Happy trails mate.

sv

RIP Mark and sympathies to his family/friends.

senorj

I also had some bearings. Very sad.

Klunk
    Free Member

RIP, though I never bought bearings off him I’ve used his ‘2p’ solution to remove a stuck hope free hub many times.

soobalias
    Free Member

Ride In Peace Kael

Top bloke who always went the extra mile

Northwind

I only met Kael the once but we talked often, a while back, about trail work and his hopes for Hillend, and he massively helped out a young mate of mine with bearings purely out of kindness- he asked “Does he race”, I said “Yeah, are you looking for advertising or something?” and he just said “No, I’ll just help because he’s a young racer”. Just nice as you like, we could do with more Kaesaes. RIP.

(This is better than the other thread, thanks guys)

Andy

Had great service from Kael down the years

RIP

rickmeister

Sadly missed, Kael gave us loads of his time and knowledge, nothing seemed too much touble. A genuinely nice bloke. Very sad news.

Condolences to the family…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh no, I’m very saddened to read this.

Although I never bought bearings from Katec, I read his forum contributions and he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, willing to help out anyone.

Condolences to his friends and family.

Houns

RIP

thetallman
    Free Member

RIP. I remember reading ( and enjoying ) lots of those threads he contributed to, long before I’d joined here 🙁

tang
    Free Member

Sad news.

kimbers

He’ll be missed, a genuine enthusiast

kudos100
    Free Member

I knew Kael through here and on facebook. When I first started getting back into riding he helped me out by sending me a box of bits for the price of the postage.

One of the nicest and most helpful people I have met in mountain biking.

Very sad.

shermer75
    Free Member

This is a bit of a shock. Always thought of him as a bit of a legend on this forum. Sad news!

LoCo
    Free Member

RIP, a good chap

mrhoppy

Shit, always really helpful whenever I dealt with him. Was my go to bearing supplier.

atlaz
    Free Member

As above. Some odd views but I bought things from him a few times and he was unfailingly helpful. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

cokie

RIP- too young. Always sad to lose a member of our community.
    Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

nbt

shit news. RIP

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, bugger, thats sad news. Couldn’t have been a nicer bloke to deal with when I sorted him with some parts 🙁

mamadirt
    Free Member

Aw no 🙁 As already said, I too found him genuinely helpful. RIP Kael

gab344
    Free Member

Very sad to hear. Always made a point to put all my bearing business his way 🙁 R.I.P

franksinatra

Mad as a box of frogs and we have a fair few forum run ins but far far too young to die. Terribly sad.

Does anyone know the cause of death? His Google + posts hint towards a worrying path.

scotroutes

Let’s not speculate, eh?

iain1775
    Free Member

RIP Kael
    I had been getting concerned for him given the tone of his Facebook posts, and a couple of personal messages he sent me through Facebook then he suddenly vanished
    A genuinely nice guy, had some odd views at times, could be a bit extreme and a love/hate personality but he genuinely had a heart of gold and would do anything for you
    I’m shocked and saddened

granny_ring

Yes sad news, RIP.

debaser

Rubbish news. Met Kael at the Clubbiedean trail repair session in the Pentlands a few years back. A great guy to have in the biking community, he’ll be sadly missed.

robhughes
    Free Member

Very very sad news.He helped me out above and beyond many many times as i did him.Went through his new house purchase with him before he bought it and now this.
    R.I.P bud..

theotherjonv

Very sad news. May his bearings always turn freely wherever he is now.

myopic
    Free Member

Sad news indeed. He helped me out a few times and was unfailingly kind and obliging. A big loss to his friends and family

julianwilson
    Free Member

very sad. As per above, he was a good bloke, friendly and fast to buy from. I also learned a bit (and bodged my own bearing presses and pullers) from his ‘how to’ videos.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘RIP Kael Shawnasae (Katec Bearings)’ is closed to new replies.