Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where to buy a new Desktop PC
  • GrahamA
    Free Member

Does anybody have any recommendations of where to be a new desktop PC online?

It will need to run the usual mix of Tracklogs,Itunes and FireFox with the odd game of Command and Conquer/HalfLife 2.

I haven’t bought a computer for so long that I’m a bit out of touch with where to get the best deals.

mboy
    Free Member

Ebuyer

Don’t bother with PC world or any high st chains, over priced, under specced and generally non user serviceable. Bought a box off ebuyer 2 years ago for 220 quid, stuck a 40 quid GFX card in, and it’s still pretty fast today compared to most computers. The new equivalent will last you a while I’m sure.

Conqueror
    Free Member

as said Ebuyer and also Novatech

but self building isn’t as hard as it seems/sounds

johnners
    Free Member

Something like this would probably do you, or just keep an eye on hotukdeals and see what comes up.

ratadog

If you want something slightly less hands on, we bought a new desktop from Chilliblast at the start of the year. Competitive in price, do well in the magazine surveys and very happy with the service.

TheFlyingOx

Gumtree.

I recently got an AMD64 Dual Core with 4GB RAM, 360GB HDD, Lightscribe DVD/RW and some fancy 512mb graphics card for £70. Granted it was for the box only, but that’s a bargain and a half in my book.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

overclockers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a new Desktop PC’ is closed to new replies.