• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ji.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Where to buy a Boardman full sus
  • pantsonfire
    Free Member

My girlfriend wants a new bike she likes the look of the Boardman f/s in silver the one for a grand but when you go on the Halfords site there are none to order. Rang my local Halfords and they couldnt help me (I am stunned). Anyone know where there are any for sale or have they run out of stock, the lad in Southport Halfords had never even heard of Boardman full sus bikes.

thomthumb
    Free Member

only some halfords stores stock them; the ones that don’t cant get them in but can tell you a: where stocks them and b: who has one in stock.

did you speak to someone in bikehut? try calling again, you might speak to someone more intelligent. If you get no luck, poole store is a stockist and the chaps there seem knowledgeable; they should be able to help you. HTH.

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member

whereabouts are you, i know of one bikehut shop that stocks them, in Dorking high street

djglover
    Free Member

the lad in Southport Halfords had never even heard of Boardman full sus bikes

could be a clue there

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member

[homer simpson]doh![\homer simpson]

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Wasted half an hour scanning tinterweb for Boardman full suss then another hour on phone no one seems to stock them and no one I spoke to could be arrsed finding out. I suppose you could blame it on saturday but its a pretty poor show for Halfords. Why am I not surprised.

foggy
    Free Member

You could try one of the new cycle republic stores they own – all the decent bikes have gone out of my local halfords and into the cycle republic shop in town…

pantsonfire
    Free Member

There are 9 Halfords stores within an hours drive of my house and not one of them stocks Boardman full suss and not one of them was even interested in ordering one in. None of the people I spoke to could be bothered in giving me any info on where I could find one of these damn bikes.

I GIVE UP they obviously dont want my money.

thomthumb
    Free Member

had a really good experience with halfords whilst sorting out my boardman this last week; couldn’t have asked anymore from the lads there.

Guess with any big chain it depends far too much on the people you see and not the actual company!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I GIVE UP they obviously dont want my money.

That’s probably your best bet. Go and search out a discounted Specialized, Kona, Trek etc ladies full bouncer instead

Try here for a start –

http://www.evanscycles.com/categories/womens-specific/womens-bikes/womens-mountain-bikes?page=5

pantsonfire
    Free Member

She doesnt want a girls bike, Aggies 5 foot 9 inches with legs all the way up to there and she thinks pink is totally patronising

Houns

All the info and stores that stock them here :

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/

andrewmark
    Free Member

I’ve got an ex demo chris boardman comp 18″ for sale it was donated by Halfords for us to sell to raise funds for the Children’s Hospice South West. I am part of the North Devon Mini Register. Our website is http://www.smallcarsbighearts.co.uk and we raise money for the hospice. We are looking for about £495 and all the money will go directly to the hospice 🙂

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Houns – Member

Houns I have tried that website there are no Boardman full suss bikes to be ordered if you go onto the buy section. Unfortunately Aggie had set her heart on the silver Boardman. I have sent a couple of emails to Halfords but no reply.

Houns

I take it you mean this one?

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtbfs/fs_team.html

let me know your email address and i’ll give you further info

BoardinBob

I was in the Braehead Halford’s about 20 minutes ago and they didn’t stock the full sussers, only the hardtails.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Hello pantsonfire,

I happen to work part time in a Bikehut, apologies for the idiots you’ve had dealings with in other stores! Most stores seem to employ idiots as a matter of course..

Anyway, just though I’d inform you that ALL Halfords stores are able to order Boardman bikes, regardless of the particular model you require.

Bear in mind though that it is a 2009 bike, so supply may be a problem for a short while (Last year the factories producing the bikes couldn’t keep up with demand, which lead to a shortage throughout the range)

The bike got 9/10 in an MBR review, so it’ll be worth the wait! Would try and sort if myself but I’m miles away from yourself!

Good luck, and if you are peed off phone HR and complain! May get some discount… 🙂

showerman
    Free Member

Me after all that agro and if the boardman site has let you down would be of looking at other bikes (proper bike shop ) and to buy a bike from halfords when the service is well s++t what will it be like if you have to take it back for any reason i think the poor service is warning enough

ji
    Free Member

Also trying to get one of these, and have had one on order for about three weeks now – no contact and no real info on when it will turn up. I have to go through Halfords as it is a Cycle to Work voucher, but I am getting a bit fed up. I have already made 2 payments out of my salary, and no indication of when I will be getting my new bike.

(and yes I know I could get something else from Halfords as they can order in, but for the money the Boardman is hard to beat).

ji
    Free Member

ooh – picked my new Team Full Sus today. Out tonight so can’t ride it yet,but looking forward to the weekend.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Where to buy a Boardman full sus’ is closed to new replies.