Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Where the **** to buy spokes
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

for a 29er, black dt swiss comp with silver brass nips. Not a box of 100. Not singularly at £1 ******* 25p each and not from ******* Hong kong or ******* Zimbabwe. Mini rant over.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go to a bike shop and stop whining.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Or here
    http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/5443.html
    Oh and flash, I'm not whining, I'm fuming. 29er paraphernalia does not exist in bike shops around these parts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh dear, you've bought in to a niche that no one else really likes and therefore there's little or no stock? Damn, what a shame. Almost like someone who has decided that Macedonian wine is perfect and then can't find it in the local off license.

😉

sheldona
    Free Member

Why don't you go to your local club and ask the spokesperson?

keavo
    Free Member

justridingalong.com sell them. at least, i bought 32 dt revs and alloy nipples for a 29er build.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Scratch that one as well. £3.99 postage for a ******* spoke.******* Ass*****.

sheldona
    Free Member

or try riding the wheels you've got with being such a mincer and falling off all the time and taco-ing them ;-o

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers keavo. Don, there's only gee that knows about proper bikes and he gets his wheels built and you know that if I don't get noticed enough I throw my self off the bike in spectacular fashion for attention.

rOcKeTdOg

My 29er wheels are laced with woven beard hair, I grow my own too

thomthumb
    Free Member

no one british rides 29er!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

thomthumb – Member
    no one british rides 29er!!

They're big in Macedonia, though, I understand.

TheSwede
    Free Member

I am thinking of nibbling a thread in to my granny's old knitting needles after she has finished knitting my new cashmere thong.

convert

sjs

quite a few folks ride 29er wheels you know – they are called roadies..

sheldona
    Free Member

The Swede is a lycra clad roadie at heart

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Yes it's Mark Anthony, I ordered some spokes (not those though) from there (twice on separate occasions) and they turned up relatively* quickly and everything.

*within a week to ten days. 🙄

http://s233299868.e-shop.info/shop/article_SKBD.001/DT-Swiss-Competition-black-spokes-14-_-15-g-%3D-2-_-1.8-mm.html?sessid=CZUOhCRRPFWi5HEO51b5ExfYmuP5jrcaYf6WqAifgWS9DWM89Vucn1CQzF2KkQow&shop_param=cid%3D1910%26aid%3DSKBD.001%26

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche

The Swede is a lycra clad roadie at heart
    Ahem
    Hard Climb

rootes1

Christ, when will people realise that away from mtb land everyone else calls this size 700c…. Ie road bike size…. And thus road length spoke are what you need… And guess what lots of shops do road spokes, but strangley most do not stock 29er…. Sapim race in 1mm increments, jobs a good un

TheSwede
    Free Member

Christ!

sheldona
    Free Member

LOL @ Swede OK OK so I forgot to take my baggies on that trip!

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Sapim race are cheap too.
    http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s156p495

Not black mind.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers all. Calming thoughts. Granny's thongs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

It's not niche, it's the same sizes as lots of road bikes!

I'm in the same boat. I was speaking to BETD recently and they said they'd be buying in Sapim race spokes by the thousand to get around the silly prices being charged for decent spokes. Try giving them a call.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers dog.

rootes1

Dodgy shop near waterloo station, sapim race in 1mm increments 50p each inc nipple – silver though (which is the correct finish for spokes ;-)),

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Where the **** to buy spokes’ is closed to new replies.