Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where should my HR be, roughly?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I’ve never kept records about HRs, and this week I set off on the Time Crunched again.
    Whilst doing the 3×10 minutes sessions that are meant to be at about 92% of max, I could only sustain a rate of about 150 bpm. Of course I could get it up higher in peaks, but the 150 mark was all I could sustain over the three ten minute intervals.
    That’s way off where I need to be isn’t it? Pretty sure I got nearer 170+ last time i.e last year just before cross season.

druidh
    Free Member

As we are all individuals and there can be no hard and fast measure, the only person who can tell is you.

By keeping records……

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

the appromation used is 220 – your age for max rate then you want 92% of that,

However that is a generalised approximation only

Russell96

Started on TTCC plan again last week too, comparing a 3x12SS session I did this Tuesday and one I did last August I’m 5BPM lower on average HR now but 500 metres up on distance for the session 🙂

Have you done the CTS Field test again prior to this training plan, it’s no good going with the values you calculated last year.

franksinatra

Mine is on the same floor as Finance and Payroll

druidh
    Free Member

Chapeau sir!

Trekster

Have you determined your actual 100% hr? Not the theoretical
    Could be you are ill?
    Could be you are overtraining/tired?
    Lots of possible reasons

My max on the bike was 170, could sit all day at 135/140. Resting is around 50. When I had an ECG recently it showed I was fit as a fiddle but thr Doc was concerned at how low my hr had dropped during the test!
    Playing squash = 180
    57btw, currently restricted by dodgy knees, back, asthma and a few other issues!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where should my HR be, roughly?’ is closed to new replies.