Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)
  • Where is going to get torched tonight?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just been told that it is brewing in Manchester. FFS 😥

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Apparently the Police have been getting ready all day in Sheffield based on intelligence

peterfile
    Free Member

our office in Leeds is closing at 6pm after police warnings for the city centre area.

Leeds are playing at home tonight, so I suspect it will just be the usual scuffles between the black communities in Harehills/Beeston/Chapel Town etc against the EDL and Leeds casuals.

Doubt it will amount to much. Hopefully they will smash up Jack Wills.

Brycey
    Free Member

Hopefully a baying mob will break in to the STW offices and as well as making off with a batch of All-Mountain-Enduro(Euro)-Trail-Mini-DH-29er forks from next months group test, will also take the server and we all be relieved of the drivel spouted by Hora and Co on the big thread.

yossarian
    Free Member

A chair has been knocked over in Henley on Thames, eyewitnesses say it was the wind but police have arrested anyone who is a bit brown just in case.

Thank god.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Salford Shopping City evacuated and rumours of looting at Regent Retail
    Park just on the outskirts of Manchester centre.

Surely they’ll have to go in hard if it kicks off in Manchester? No more of that rapid retreat crap we’ve seen in London. They need to be met with force right from the off.

binners

I’d say any large inner city is probably on standby, as they’ll be seen as fair game by the idiots. The problems are pretty universal.

I’m so glad I’ve moved out to the sticks. The only thing revolting is the smell of cow poo

portlyone

No news of the Trafford Centre burning then? 😈

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I imagine most places in greater London along with most city centres around the country suspects that it could be their turn tonight.

Harry_the_Spider

Piccadilly. Webcams are down.

Albert Square looks quiet.

Just tried to get hold of the Wife who works on Deansgate. No answer, so hopefully she’s legged it.

Grizla
    Free Member

Surely kids everywhere are on school holidays and want free stuff. They’ve seen other kids on telly getting away with it, and are probably even a bit jealous of them.
    Could boil over pretty much anywhere if you ask me.

binners

I reckon if there is rioting it’ll be Moss-side/Longsight. If its ransacked and torched it won’t actually look any different. Might even improve matters

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Leeds are playing at home tonight, so I suspect it will just be the usual scuffles between the black communities in Harehills/Beeston/Chapel Town etc against the EDL and Leeds casuals.

Leeds are playing Bradford so if it was ever gonna kick off, it was gonna be at a local grudge match….

Brycey
    Free Member

I would add that I drove back to Manc this afternoon from the Midlands, and passed about 40 Tactical Aid Unit vans heading south. The car/van park in the GMP TAU place accross the road from my office is empty.

I’m assuming there are still Polis here…

lodious
    Free Member

No news of the Trafford Centre burning then

that could be a positive to come out of all this!

gravitysucks
    Free Member

mmm think Manchester could be likely. Hearing signs of Helicopters and sirens already

hora
    Free Member

There was talk of a media/dish van going from section to section of the centre trying to ‘talk up’ disturbance and hope people would congregate there. If true it really is gutter-journalism in action.

portlyone

Piccadilly Station looks quiet on the rear side.

_tom_
    Free Member

Apparently things have been kicking off a bit in Kettering and Wellingborough. Will wait to see what the local news has to say about it tonight as it may just be stupid facebook rumours at the minute..

richc
    Free Member

🙄 @ Hora

philconsequence
    Free Member

from twitter:

“My 17 year old daughter has just received a bbm broadcasting that the meet is at Hounslow Bus Garage tonight at 10pm……area to avoid!”

Onzadog
    Free Member

Nottingham has county and forest playing tonight I’m told. Not sure it that makes it more or less likely we’ll have trouble. They were warming up last night though.

terrahawk
    Free Member

There was talk of a media/dish van going from section to section of the centre trying to ‘talk up’ disturbance and hope people would congregate there. If true it really is gutter-journalism in action

you silly sod.

binners

Hora – you are actually aware that the voices in your head aren’t real?

Mounty_73

My sister has just text me to say something is kicking off in Wolverhampton.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wherever it’s attempted, I sincereley hope that this time there are enough police on the spot with the orders to go in hard and mete out real grief to the nasty, stupid, contemptible thugs and morons responsible.

Bless their little underpriveledged cotton socks trainers.

scruff
    Free Member

Mounty_73 – it always kicking off in Wolvo.

rkk01
    Free Member

In the 80s riots / miners strike etc, they would have had no hesitation in getting a mounted section out on the streets…

… presumably we do still have mounted Police, or has the price of hay gone up too much??

MrsToast
    Free Member

Apparently 200 youths are smashing stuff up in West Brom…

Leamington’s still quiet though, although the accordian man is looking shifty.

jon1973
    Free Member

Apparently the Police have been getting ready all day in Sheffield based on intelligence

Police intelligence? it’s a bit late for that.

Andituk
    Free Member

GMP say the Salford rumours are completely untrue, and there’s no signs of anything at the moment. They’re bringing in officers to work a 12 hour shift tonight though, presumably a precaution.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Wolvo’s a bit of a shitehole anyway, it won’t make a blind bit of difference 😛 These scum still really boil my blood, though! I hope Leisure Lakes aren’t touched, they’ve been treating me well.

All’s quiet in Button Oak.

crazy-legs

Does anyone actually know for certain what is happening in Manchester at the moment? Was going to go into town this evening and I’m hearing all sorts from “everything is fine” to “it’s in total lockdown”

Be kind of nice to know before I head in there and
    a) get arrested/shot or
    b) find out that the shops I need to go to are under 5ft of boarding

lunge

Mrs Toast, where in Leam are you? it is all clear from the top of Warwick Street!

toby1

No matter how bored and disillusioned kids get they will never bother going to Swindon 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It looks like Croydon is going to get hit again tonight**. Allegedly looters were going to meet at Purley at 4pm and there was talk of vigilantes assembling in South Croydon. Croydon was hit far worse than I had thought, and although I could hear stuff going on last night, I hadn’t realised how close to me it was. It’s crawling with police and I’ve just seen a police van from Wales patrolling near me. Apparently two Welsh police forces have sent riot equipped officers to Croydon – it’s totally unreal ffs.

** don’t know wtf they think there is left to steal in Croydon.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It’s kicking off in Harrogate too – two people bumped into each other outside Betty’s and one was heard to tut loudly.

binners

I’m heading through town shortly as well crazy legs. I have to though. I suspect it might not be the best evening for a spot of shopping. Unless you weren’t planning on paying? 😀

Mounty_73

Its just about to kick off in Bewdley, 2 lads having a scuffle in the car park… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 183 total)

The topic ‘Where is going to get torched tonight?’ is closed to new replies.