Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Where have all the Knights of the Pentlands gone?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just wondering where all the usual suspects are riding at the mo’? Haven’t been in the hills for a good few weeks but guessing they are still pretty sodden and chewed up. I won’t be heading that way until some hard frosts take hold and it’s all good and crunchy and fast. So what are y’all up to?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have been exploring in west lothian and scrounging the odd lift to ride further afield

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The Wild West! Yer a braver man than me. Everybody knows that’s the least attracive of the Lothians.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Found a few places with singletrack that I didn’t know about- trying to explore and connect bits up as well. Surprising amount of good stuff.

Been out to east Lothian a bit as well.

Stu_N

Plenty of good riding in the West Lothian.

Pentlands are a grot fest. I’ve done Bonaly/ Clubbiedean/ Poet’s a few times but not gone in deeper (oooooer) for a month or more.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I work out Ratho way once a fortnight and keep thinking there must be stuff out that way. Also went to pick up a parcel from City Link and thought the woods along the A8(?) looked promising.

stevemtb
    Free Member

I had noticed it’s gone a bit quiet for the Wednesday night rides. I’ve been trying to get used to a new job and later hours (used to finish around 3.45 so time for food and bike set up first! Would have to be a lot more planned out now 🙁 ).

Will try and get out next Wednesday but sounds like further afield will be a better bet than the Pentlands!

stevemtb
    Free Member

A West Lothian ride would work for me, easy enough to ride out Ratho way on the canal with easily arranged meeting points…..

Northwind

Been up in the hills a couple of times but I’ve been mostly sticking to the surfaced stuff… Though ground conditions are improving just now, in that irrational way that they sometimes do when you expect them to be terrible.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

steve – new job? good stuff

AlasdairMc

I’d be up for a West Lothian exploration too. Perhaps on the CX just to ease the return home though, but I’m interested.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am interested in Shitlands nightrides.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’d be up for a West Lothian ride. Could even get a couple of bods in the van.

jimmy

haven’t knight-ridden once this season. Need to get it sorted but am on call next week – should be time enough to *finally* get the SS sorted (and maybe for a frost to come…).

cynic-al
    Free Member

I take it there’s a couple of spades in there too?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You could bring your CX bike out to mine Al, had one out here last week, he nearly managed to keep up 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And some planks. Not to mention fork handles.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan forming for next week….. Probably be 4 foot of snow now 😈

Yeah TJ, had to end my holiday some time unfortunately!

Northwind

stevemtb – Member

Sounds like a plan forming for next week….. Probably be 4 foot of snow now

Ideal, I just bought some sledges. Bring it oooooooooon!!1!oNE

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m up for next week in the West.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

So west lothian cx styleeee for next wed? coolio.

I am heading out that way tomorrow so I shall do a bit more recceing

cynic-al
    Free Member

My riding is not about racing Steven, tho I do get impatient.

Ap long as you don’t whack me and chuck me in the van…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Sorry Mr Cynic, that was aimed at the other Al. And the bloke on the CX bike had nae bother keeping up, even if he wasn’t on his Ibis. But I’ll happily chuck you in the van.

ojom
    Free Member

Been keeping off the hills as it is as bad as it has been up there. Not keen on groups like last year tearing it up. We await snow for Wednesday Pant Sledge Nights. We has the weaponry.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Stevenmenmuir – I can show you a few wee bits around those woods but I prefer to keep them quiet.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Where have all the Knights of the Pentlands gone?’ is closed to new replies.