Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • where does he live
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Some dude parked his car outside my house, i reckon he lives lcally, is there anyway of tracing his address from the reg?

sc-xc

Why would you need to? Is he blocking your access?

Pigface
    Free Member

Why, do you want to buy it?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Have you tried asking your wife?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmNmb2EReG4[/video]

Haze

sc-xc – Member
    Why would you need to? Is he blocking your access?

*snigger*

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I don’t need to, I want to.

sc-xc

Are you thinking about bums, Haze?

samuri
    Free Member

pop a brick through his window, he’ll turn up quite quickly.

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you have a legitimate reason, you can request the info from the DVLA. If it’s not a legitimate reason, don’t try this route.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some dude parked his car outside my house, i reckon he lives locally

You are Sherlock Holmes and I claim my five guineas.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Meh, i just want to have a chat to him about the inconvenience he causes me.

Ambrose

Is he allowed to park there?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes he is

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I reckon CharlieMungus is about to tell him no.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh well, apparently I was wrong.

This chat about the inconvenience of parking where you are allowed to, will be interesting.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It shouldn’t be a problem.

Haze

What’s the inconvenience?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

He makes it difficult for a friend to visit me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

PMSL. Film the conversation and post it on here…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I would, if I could find out where he lived

Haze

Hmmm, leave a polite note or something?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does your friend have mobility issues?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I don’t see why it is such a strange or amusing proposition. I live in a nice area where most folks are very reasonable.

pitduck
    Free Member

😯

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, he does have mobility issues, and this particular spot is the only bit of the pavement low enough for his chair to get up.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fair enough, not ammusing at all. I’m sure he’ll be fine then.
    Polite note would seem appropriate.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He makes it difficult for a friend to visit me.

So presumably there are no other available parking places/spaces ?

Doesn’t seem much point knocking on his front door and asking to move his car then 😕

Kevevs
    Free Member

You could trace them by… waiting by the car. Inspired! It may take a while, but then you could use the time to brew loads of bad thoughts about what you’re gonna say to the evil motherhumper.

“cough, errmmmm, excuse me but I couldn’t help, err, noticing, ahh, cough.. ahem…” etc. Best of British!

Ambrose

Make a ramp for your friend? Get some cones and block off the spot when your friend is due to visit? Loiter around and wait for the person who parks in the inconvenient place and talk to them?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So presumably there are no other available parking places/spaces ?

???

There often are

Onzadog
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter where you live and how nice folks are outside the car, it all changes when you start talking about driving or parking. Tell us more about what’s going on exactly. I might be able to advise.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

he does have mobility issues

Leave a note as suggested then. Not sure you can expect the space left permanently free though. How does your friend manage elsewhere ?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Cones and ramps would all be unnecessary, if if could ask him just to park a little differently.

I could wait for him, but he must work different hours. I could leave him a note, but as many of us are well aware, the written word can fail to convey some of the subtleties of conversation, and the sentiment may be easily misinterpreted. I know all these are possible, but if it was easy to find his address, then I’m sure a friendly chat would solve the problem simply.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Tell us more about what’s going on exactly. I might be able to advise.

I don’t wish to sound ungrateful, but really i only need to know where lives, then i can send turds directly to his door. I mean, i can just go chat. I’m sure he’ll be perfectly reasonable

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How does your friend manage elsewhere

Sometimes it’s easy, other times it’s not. I can’t help thinking we are drifting off topic. But if you really want to understand, then just look at your usual wlking routes and imagine how you would negotiate it in a a wheelchair,first conventional, then think about electric.

Kevevs
    Free Member

There’s a couple of houses on my street that put out their own cones on a public road to park their cars, as if they own the place! For a bit I thought it was for disabled parking or something and that the council hadn’t got round to painting it.

Turns out one of the cone people is old and infirm and can barely walk, and came round to ask if ok not to park there , etc No probs. but the others are young and able and just being selfish, sticking them out when they go to work! So I just move their cones and stick my car there. They’ve never, ever said anything.

have you ever thought about cones Charlie? 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But if you really want to understand,

Yeah I understand – my mother is confined to a wheelchair. OK if you don’t want to ‘drift off topic’ I still think a polite note is more desirable and possibly less confrontational than face to face. Just my opinion mind.

allthepies
    Free Member

trolltastic.

woffle
    Free Member

Good luck. People get VERY odd when it comes to parking / driving.

Just up the road from my daughters nursery there’s a couple (mid-forties, perfectly mobile – both active tennis players etc) who insist on putting out police (!) cones when they leave for work in the misunderstanding that they have some right of ownership over 10 foot odd of the high street. The cones make a funny noise when you run over them. Not really sure why they continue to do it – some of the parents seem to make a game of how many of the cones you can actually park on top of…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘where does he live’ is closed to new replies.