Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • where do you get forks serviced?
  • criefftony
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend where I should get some forks serviced? I have a cpl of old sets been kicking about the shed waiting for kids to grow into them. Bombers and SID Team from about 2004. Not needing anything fancy (hopefully) just get them safe and working again. I’d normally have a go myself but just to busy.

Cheers

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Normally my garage. But sending stuff off of that age means you’ll spend more than they are worth on a service. Why not just bite the bullet and kill some more polar bears and buy new? Otherwise for Rockshox – Loco (on here) or TFtuned, Mazz stuff – sorry – I just dont know.

Realistically you can service old RS stuff for peanuts – seals from ebay, buy 500ml oil for lowers, 500ml for uppers/damper, £20ish all in and will last an age.

criefftony
    Free Member

Cheers Coulda’

I’ve just had a look at TF… £80 to service a set of judy’s!

I think you’re right – I’ll do it myself. The boys will have to wait till the xmas hols for them.

Bagstard
    Free Member

For anything newish I would use LoCo, but for old forks do it yourself.
    Nothing to lose and very satisfying. Amazing what new seals and oil will do. Only real problem is bushes, if they are gone it is definitely a job for the pro’s and not cheap.

RudiBoy
    Free Member

I have had nothing but great service from J-tech a ( he’s sorted my 40’s, air pikes and 2 fox air cans) a fair bit cheaper than TF as well. Few of my riding mates have been converted to him as well.

give him a shout.

JK

criefftony
    Free Member

Thanks for your experience guys… nice to get that sorted in my head!

MarkyG82

One thing my mates have done in the past is sell the kit on and use the money to buy working second hand forks plus a bit. Would probably work out to be not much more than the cost of servicing in the end.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘where do you get forks serviced?’ is closed to new replies.