Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Where did everyone ride today?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Cannock Chase Monkey & FTD busy this morning – a really top ride to be had as weather was ace and the grip was a bit skittish in places keeping you on your toes…

scotbike
    Free Member

Relating back to the 'what exactly is a mountain' thread. I had a full day – a long classic Scottish ride – Mount Keen (by the Fungle Road, no really) in Grampian, north-east Scotland
    I rode this counter clockwise, a fine day in the sun and warmth, although very cold on the tops early in the day. Just my kind of route, classic cross country with lots of variety, hike a bike, rocky loose gravelly descents and rooty singletrack. As it wasn't a holiday in Scotland, saw only 6 people all day. I did see two eagles high up tho.

If you're ever up this way it's well worth doing, being one of the few mostly bike-able munro (over 3000ft) tops. Route details here:
    http://www.ecurieneep.co.uk/routes.asp?routeid=4

jam-bo

Penhale corner. 3ft, cleanish and sunny. Can't beat a good surf with good mates….

julianwilson
    Free Member

home(plymouth)-burrator-sheepstor-home. Managed to string it together with only about 4 miles of road in all that: would be even fewer miles on road if it wasn't a sunny bank holiday full of walkers, degs and one angry jogger.

juan
    Free Member

Excuse me from being daft, but shouldn't the tile be:
    "Where did everyone rode today?"

wee-al
    Free Member

Due to being temporarily disabled, blew off a local coastal route to have a country road….eh road ride. Past the very scenic Dounreay civil nuclear establishment.

brakes
    Free Member

I took the trip up to Cannock from London to do the Monkey Trail and Follow the Dog too – the pebbled bits were proper skittish, but those trails are so much fun when ridden hard
    what bike were you on neverfastenuff?
    it was busy today eh?

tony24
    Free Member

went to bedgebury and found its been much improved since last time. new berms put in to help flow and a lot of work in general to help the drainage. Had a go on the new black run too which is fun but not really black run level if you know what i mean.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Juan, you are excused!
    I went to work and came home. On my bike! (got into a driving habit)

TomHill
    Free Member

Massively struggling for any motivation. Then struggling with indecision… road or mtb? Missed a text from a mate this morning, so missed out on a good Ilkley social ride.

Ended up with a short local blast down the Meanwood Valley Trail. Felt crap, caught pedals, rear wheel span out, dabbed on the techy bits, rode conservatively. Got home and I still feel better. A bad bike ride is definitely better than another hour on the sofa.

juan
    Free Member

kevkev, question is am I right then?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Rode with a bunch of mates from Freshwater to Ryde via some choice woody singletrack and downs tracks.

brakes
    Free Member

no:
    I did ride
    I rode

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Bakes; I was on my Trance – just changed tyres to some a bit more suitable for the local conditions – We were out and about at 9:30am – I was with my mates one on a Meta 5.5 and one also on a newer version of the Trance

Kevevs
    Free Member

Juan. no. Language is a strange animal!

brakes
    Free Member

don't think I saw you – we headed out about 1030 and finished about 3
    I was on a Cotic Soul with a mate on a S-works hardtail

curtisthecat
    Free Member

We went on a club ride around Ashridge, Ivanhoe Beacon, down to Marsworth along the towpath to Tring and crossed the A41. Went up the other side and headed back through Champneys(where I got a double puncture!) down to Berkhamsted. Great ride in nice weather. The trails were also not too muddy, much to my surprise.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Like Julian out around Burrator with a mate. Learning the limits of me on a 29er. Couple of heavy falls on some cheeky bits, plenty of numpty moments on stuff I rode brilliantly yesterday when no one could see 😉 Typical as he had a helmet cam on. At least it will be more interesting than usual mincing.

gordimhor

Around the cock of arran (bet that gets some comments) sun sun sun and midges midges midges cracking day though

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

FoD family trail as the OH has a borked shoulder. Rather challenging stuff, avoiding all the wayward kids/dogs/randomly-stopping-peoples.

Shoulder felt ok so we ended up having a nosey around the FODCA trail. Quirky oldschool mini-XC trail that.

Jamie
    Free Member

No riding today. Stripped forks off bike ready to be sent back to Merlin and then 6 mile run and 6 pints.

Now zzzzzz.

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Rivi in glorious weather, at least for 20 minutes!
    My outer rear cable split at the top of the broken road, so an early trip back to the car 🙁
    Seen some nutter come on a fully rigid cme down the broken road though – big respect!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Qs – DWD->Ramscombe->QuantockCombe->Triscombe->Jambo&Sharki->Chimney->Ramscombe->CrowcombeGate->BeaconHill->SomertonCombe->HolfordCombe->DWD

Very nice ride but solo 🙁 One "off" on Jambo&Sharki, in the usual place!

donsimon
    Free Member

juan – Member

Excuse me from being daft, but shouldn't the tile be:
    "Where did everyone rode today?"

No, you're wrong Juan.
    "Do" is the auxiliary verb for the simple tenses, (do/does)present and (did)past.
    Rode is the past simple of ride, to be used in positive sentences where the aux verb is not used (except to emphasise).

As people are reading the forum, the assumption is that the activity (riding) has finished, therefore you should use the past simple:

Where did you ride today?

😉

EDIT: Big weekend for me so no riding today, work got in the way too. 😥

peachos
    Free Member

got in from an awesome days riding about 2 hours ago. Langsett over Cut Gate, along Derwent Res for a bit then up on to the top to Back Tor then along Derwent Edge to Dove Tor and Whinstone Lee Tor dropping all the way down to The Ladybower. Around the back to Aston & up onto Hope Brink, Hope Cross & the Beast. Up Hagg Farm & down to Fairhomes. Back up & over Cut Gate to Langsett, which is simply one of the best ways to finish any ride…soooo fast!

Top day, clocked about 60km & now ****.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Juan – learn this little ditty to help you remember :

Froggy went a-courting and he did ride, uh huh.
    Froggy went a-courting and he did ride
    With a sword and a pistol by his side, uh huh.

Today was Holmbury Hill for me

GW
    Free Member

Just local – took the hardtail down the road for a few manuals with the GFs 8yr old then went to the park and did a few whips scrubs and hips off a small lump in the park so he could "judge" my style before dinner :wink:, the newly cut grass was nice and drifty but hard work to pedal on. later I'll get the road bike out for a short night ride.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bad example Ernie, how often do you use the aux verb in positive sentences? 😉

Drac

I was working.

Juan I'll make it simpler, if your asking someone then use ride. If you telling someone then rode.

"I rode around Thrunton"

"Did you ride Thrunton today?"

And just to confuse

"I went for a ride around Thruton today"

The went is telling them it's past.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Drac;
    Lets take this a bit further;

Thrunton rode well today 😉

Drac

"Thrunton was a good ride today"

acjim
    Free Member

mmm mendips! really busy with walkers around black down but fab new jumps and lines (for me) in rowberrow. summers back!

jam-bo

Very nice ride but solo One "off" on Jambo&Sharki, in the usual place!

Glad to hear it's still biting people…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Setmurthy near Cockermouth on the Heckler until the forks went pop then the DH bike until a bearing popped :):(

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Went to gisburn with my 9yr old son and rode the blue trail.First time at a trail centre and he loved it :D.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

I just rode – ashton court and 50 acre. my local trails. was a blast and dried out abit now which is good

glenncampbell

I rode for a few hours around Bedgebury for a quick spin – massively busy but enjoyed it loads.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Recovering from the London to Brighton off-road ride we did yesterday. Well, recovering from the tree I smacked into mainly!

elaineanne
    Free Member

i rode to manchester (on the train-today) does that count ! lol 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Where did everyone ride today?’ is closed to new replies.