Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Where can I get Bryan Adams tickets from? (oh the shame!)
  • GrahamS

It's NOT FOR ME. HONEST! 😳

It's for the missus. It's her bithday coming up and she is a big fan of the pock-marked crooner.

He's playing The Sage Gateshead on 18th Oct, but the official tickets are long gone (nothing on TicketMaster or LiveNation).

Are these ticket resellers like http://www.viagogo.co.uk up to much or are they just a nest of scammers?

eckinspain
    Free Member

EDIT: sorry, can't help

binners

Sweet Jesus! I thought I had it bad. Perhaps its time to trade her in 🙂

docrobster
    Free Member

I missed getting my tickets for latitude this yr so had to get them from viagogo, they seem reputable in that they promise money back if no tickets but had to pay roughly double face value. Will find out in a month or so when they either arrive or don't 😕

MrsToast
    Free Member

QFT!

the-muffin-man

I may have heard from a friend of a friend that he puts on a pretty good show. Not that I'd know of course!

sputnik
    Free Member

The shame…

GrahamS

I may have heard from a friend of a friend that he puts on a pretty good show. Not that I'd know of course!

I've actually been to one before 😳 He was genuinely a pretty good showman, but it didn't make up for the music!

Better than Bon Jovi though…

binners

Better than Bon Jovi?!!! Ladies and gentlemen – the high water mark has been set 🙂

GrahamS

MrsGrahamS has appalling taste, in music and (luckily) in men 😀

Cougar

At the risk of being controversial,

Absolutely nothing wrong with Bryan Adams. He's an awesome live act, seen him loads of times. It's a shame he's got popular for turning out pish movie soundtracks, he's kick-arse when he's not doing drippy ballads.

Leave your preconceptions at the door, and if you do manage to get tickets you'll have a great time (unless you particularly hate rock music). Trust your Uncle Cougar.

GetMeIn have tickets (for a price) and are reputable (they're part of Ticketmaster). http://www.getmein.com/tickets/bryan-adams-tickets/gateshead-174719.html

Cougar

Viagogo are part of Chelsea FC and Manchester United, apparently. There's background here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viagogo

Seems on the level, but looks like an eBay model so you're at the mercy of people actually sending them out.

GrahamS

Hmm.. GetMeIn are from £130 each(!) for seats right at the very back 🙁

Leave your preconceptions at the door, and if you do manage to get tickets you'll have a great time (unless you particularly hate rock music). Trust your Uncle Cougar.

Mmmmmmm… I saw him in Adelaide in 2003ish. The music was utter pish.

But.. he did earn some rock respect by stopping midway through the concert and announcing that he wouldn't continue unless the security guys stopped preventing people from coming down to the stage.

Plus he did an encore at the other end of the arena so that everyone in the cheap seats got a chance to see him properly. I noticed them setting up the second stage and got the missus into the front row before they came back on. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Shouldt' this thread read "where can I get A TICKET?" if it's that pants pack her off on her own 😉

GrahamS

Yeah I think Viagogo are legit as a company – but I'm still worried about getting scammed eBay-style.

GrahamS

Munqe-chick: I was planning on sending her with someone else while I did the babysitting!

Cougar

I saw him in Adelaide in 2003ish. The music was utter pish.

Ah, fair enough then, we'll have to agree to differ. I just think he's way better live than you'd give him credit for from the albums.

GrahamS

I just think he's way better live than you'd give him credit for from the albums.

I'll credit him with "better than I expected" as faint praise. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Where can I get Bryan Adams tickets from? (oh the shame!)’ is closed to new replies.