Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Knocked off bike by a chicken!!!
  • chickenman

saturday night in the pub, chicken says "no thanks mate, I'll pass on the drink, I've got the DT's….
    I'll get my jacket 'n all..!

takisawa2

Hope your recovering OP, jokes aside a 20mph stack could have had a worse outcome.
    Always wary of country lanes / passing farms etc. If there's anywhere that warrants a bit of caution due to loose animals.

project
    Free Member

Next youll be telling us there was a Zebra crossing the road further on and it scared the chicken.

You could also pop down to kentuck dead chicken and have a ritual eating of the said chickens elderly relatives.

Kevevs
    Free Member

is it ok if I laugh at this? hahahahahahaha!!!! lol. **** chickens, the bastards!! lol!

Tiger6791

I'm suprise you didn't fricas'see' it coming?

Crell
    Free Member

Please tell us it's all on video, though I shouldn't mock this eggstremely serious situation.

You might be needing this…

project
    Free Member

Must have been an Easter Chicken.

Or a hen may have put her up to it by calling her chicken, and so she ran across the road,to prove how stupid women chickens are.

Tiger6791

I bet when your wheel hit it you felt a right Cock (unless it ran out from the left)

duntmatter
    Free Member

LOL (literally) (actually actually literally) @ this entire thread!

OMG WTF LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seahouse
    Free Member

Did you not see it coming, oh that's right choking the chicken makes you go blind

djc1245
    Free Member

I was knocked off by a scuba diver last year

jonb
    Free Member

Decide what's really damamged and what you would replace with your own hard earned money. Can you record any conversations with the police, farmer or insurance company, not needed but it'll be hilarious for us?

If it genuinely is a lot contact your home insurance as they may pay more easily than any insurance of his and then if not you often get legal advice.

Bregante

try these guys for cheap replacement parts for your trek

http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/

Sandwich

Some people are getting in aright flap about this.

Bregante

agreed. nothing to get eggcited about

djc1245
    Free Member

The term "clucking bell" springs to mind

Tiger6791

What came first the chicken or the egg shaped wheel?

HansRey

you shouldn't have been biking at that speed around animals if you didn't have control. End of.

radoggair
    Free Member

report it to the police, then go and speak to the farmer. He may be sympatheic and agree to some compensation. It may work and something is better than nothing.
    You are right though, whether its a chicken, sheep or cow, farmers have a due diligence to adhere to. You may also help the farmer out. Why did the chicken escape or even how?. Could the wire fence be damaged therefore allowing foxes to enter the coup therefore your also helping the farmer out.
    Stacking at 20mph is sore and although you have expensive scrapes you still seem to get off lightly.
    I think if we take the funny side of this story away ( it is funny ), then it is all about a farmed animal not under proper restraint ( fenced in ).

Oh, and to above comment, WTF really, sad man

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Chicken attack!

Tiger6791

You won't get anywhere with the farmer. I went off on an epic ride and had a rest in a field. Took my helmet off put it to one side and set about eating some flapjack.

While I was eating a cow came along and thought my helmet was some kind of snack. Anyway it it chewed it to bits. I was too scared of the cow to get it back.

I went and complained to the farmer to see if he was willing to pay for new helmet. He said I could go and get stuffed (not his exact words)!

Anyway it ended up in an argument and I told him his attitude was all wrong.

He said "It's not my hat-he-chewed!"

😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Here is a thought – I agree the rider might have a claim – depending on how well the farmer had prevented escape of the stock and so on – but if he was riding in a chain gang he must have contributory negligence due to not leaving safe gaps to take avoiding action?

CaptJon
    Free Member

I'd have been spitting feathers, and would want the farmer up facing the beak rather than trying to scratch around to find the money to replace the parts.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Surely it's just one of those 'things'. Man up. Shit happens.

Travis

OMG, a chicken on the loose, catch, put it back in cage where it belongs.

I remember riding over one in Greece, the look in its eyes still haunt me today… it was all in slo mo too

cynic-al
    Free Member

TJ it's made up. How would a gap in front help? Same reaction time.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its the sort of thing insurance companies use to try to wriggle out of claims is it not. Just a thought.

Edit – meaning if he was not in a chain gang he might have had more time to see it and to take avoiding action?

chickenman

Just a thought: Did the bird in question have the local patois, or was it well spoke…?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Maybe it was speaking Pigeon English?

I know, I know.

Black one over there please, ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Do we know why it was crossing the road?

chorlton
    Free Member

Trail riders have had this problem for centuries.
    Hope you're ok. 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Hope you're ok, but chickens wander about near farms, so are to be expected really.

I wouldn't have thought there was any requirement for it to be fenced in. Sheep wander over moorland roads…

If you're doing 20 in a chaingang, you're focussed on the wheel in front. Might not be a good idea to do this if you're near areas where you'd expect to have animals wandering about.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Glad you were not hurt but It is not a risk free activity. It is not negligence because chickens wander about as do grouse and deer and all manner of rural creatures. MTFU

you let a cow chew your helmet and you were scared so complained to the farmer. Oh dear. And you wonder why farmers don't like us.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

That chicken has form . . .

Tiger6791

Buzzlightyear

you let a cow chew your helmet and you were scared so complained to the farmer. Oh dear. And you wonder why farmers don't like us.

Read my post again but this time out loud. Clue is it's in the last two lines

project
    Free Member

Why did the chicken cross the road,so it could have a whole thread dedicated to it on Singletrack egg world.

Talkemada
    Free Member

It appears the OP, far from gaining any sympathy, has been left with egg on their face… 🙁

project
    Free Member

Was the original poster using egg beater pedals if so the chicken was after revenge.

juan
    Free Member

LOL at all that.
    I am now trying to explain the SO most of the calembour on here tis is funny

BigJohn

If you were to compile a list of the 10 things that might happen as you cycled at 20mph (almost silently) past a rural farm, I would expect "animal running out" to be at about number 2 or 3.

One of those things.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Knocked off bike by a chicken!!!’ is closed to new replies.