Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • where are all the pics of snow bound SUVs?
  • mrchrispy

come on guys…pull your fingers outs.
    bring a ray of sunshine into this cold winters day and show us your pics of idiots stuck in their stupid big wanger mobiles. never fails to amuse me when I see one in a ditch.

clubber
    Free Member

I think the official term is but isn’t it a bit like shooting fish in a barrel

(for the sensitive of car ownership – 😉 )

[post edited, take this as a warning. Mod]

maccruiskeen

All the 4x4s accidentally caught fire when the road tax was hiked in the summer. Non left to fall in a ditch

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still time to edit that clubber. You’ll be done for SFA in the new austerely moderated forums. 🙂

D0NK

I think the official term is…

I thought it was “**** (that naughty word clubber used minus the er) tanks”

BobaFatt
    Free Member

If it wasn’t for a 4×4 and a very nice driver giving me a lift home yesterday, i’d still be beside my broken down car yesterday……so I can’t get involved with your senseless need to start an argument

clubber
    Free Member

I don’t think that my term is really swearing, is it, particularly as it’s an accepted term – round here at least. The @ was put in more because some webfilters will block the entire page if they find certain text. Mods – up to you – remove if you think it’s wrong and I’ll not use it again.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt-mobiles 😀

clubber
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt Cars – it’s all to do with swapping the first letters apparently – so it was a poor decision to make him Culture secretary…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

People have had bans for less. I’ve reported it anyway as I think the rules should apply to everyone. 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Meanwhile.. on a 4×4 forum that I frequent, people are discussing how best to help stranded motorists, whilst not ending up like the unfortunate good samaritan in thisstory.

But then again, I guess they are just better people that you MrCrispy.

clubber
    Free Member

‘sok, I reported it myself 😉

clubber
    Free Member

OK, got my warning and will moderate myself better in future…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sanctimoney vs. Humour…the internet rumbles on…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Hmmm, let me guess why the random vitriol flingers are out in force again? No no I just cannot guess…

4x4s are helping people all over the country in these conditions.

If you haven’t got one (usually because you can’t afford one) tough .
    If seeing a car in a ditch “never fails to amuse you” you are a muppet of the lowest order.

[post edited for swear filter avoidance. 2 day ban given. Mod]

clubber
    Free Member

If you haven’t got one (usually because you can’t afford one) tough ****.

I sincerely hope that’s tounge-in-cheek but if I’m honest, I’m not sure it is. If not, 😆

EDIT – edited my quote since I’m already on a warning… (would that count?)

ChrisS
    Free Member

Is a swear word? Anyone want to report it?

[post edited. Mod]

Hohum
    Free Member

^^^^

It is a case of swear filter avoidance Chris.

ski
    Free Member

here we go again 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

clubber, you realise I was joking 😯

See what I mean though?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

That’s not in the filter though… so there’s nothing to avoid

clubber
    Free Member

Indeed – Hadn’t read Mark’s post about the rules so didn’t realise we’d had a big clampdown on ‘naughty words’…

Shame that Smurf Matt got a ban though as I was secretly quite hoping that he was serious when he made his comment.

DD – your card’s marked – best hope I don’t see you out on the trails 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

If you haven’t got one (usually because you can’t afford one)

Hahahaha!

xcgb
    Free Member

So where are the photos then!

dazzlingboy

Towed a Toureg out of the ditch last night. But no pic. Then towed an X5 out – tried to take a pic but the owner went ballistic! Packed up my tow rope – gave him the finger and drove off leaving him there without a word. Then pulled out a guy in his car who was going to Sick Kids. I expect to be rewarded in the next life.

LMT
    Free Member

We have no snow, still no snow, its a shame would really like to have some! just so i can pictures like the one above!

Whats with the mod’s editting, not seen that before.

takisawa2

dazzlingboy that LR is lovely.
    Always liked them.

Probably not the most pratical option for lugging the kids about though.
    Wonder if I could graft the body of our Galaxy onto a LR chassis…? 🙂

dazzlingboy

@taki – 5 seats, so 2 kids, 2 labs and all our kit no problem! Great at this time of year mind you.

Have you ever noticed that when someone is stuck, if there’s a selection of 4x4s around, they will always ask the Land Rover owner for help. 8)

ski
    Free Member

Have you ever noticed that when someone is stuck, if there’s a selection of 4x4s around, they will always ask the Land Rover owner for help.

They seem to patrol round these parts in packs as soon as the snow comes.

Then they disapear as soon as the snow and ice go.

Only to reappear in the for sale section of the local newspaper 😉

damion
    Free Member

When I was a subby doing power line clearance, I used to spend the day running round in the Landy towing out the firms Hi-Lux’s & transits. Sometimes I didn’t get to climb a single tree.

I miss that 130 Hi-Cap tipper.

D0NK

I think mrchrispy was asking for pics of faux 4x4s stuck not “proper” ones like land rovers etc (so calm down matt) presumably there’s very few pics of them getting stuck 🙂

I’d guess any “proper” 4x4s with big rims and low profile tyres are fair game too.

A scan of an old photo of my previous Land Rover, definitely not stuck in the snow while gathering winter fuel.

ANX 617 J in snow by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

glenh
    Free Member

What a load of old balls this swearing clampdown is.

maccruiskeen

Have you ever noticed that when someone is stuck, if there’s a selection of 4x4s around, they will always ask the Land Rover owner for help.

Not in the snow, but we were run off the road along the Loch Long road avoiding a collision with an oncoming car getting a bit to spirited in a corner. Ended with the two nearside wheels in a small concrete gully and the van sitting on its axels, wheels bearly touching the bottom of the gully. No other damage thankfully but not enough traction to back out. Within minutes a bunch of seemingly psychic greenlaners appeared from all directions, half a dozen or so, all fighting amongst each other as to the best way to recover us. We only needed be dragged back a meter or so to where the gully shallowed and we could have got the rest of the way out under own steam. But high lift jacks were out of one landy, sand ladders out of another – argue argue. Finally one guy insisted that the answer was to use his new kinetic energy rope and snatch us out forwards rather than backwards. Which he did – dragging the van sparking on its axels for 20 yards along the gully before smashing it into the parapet of a bridge. Ace!

lowey

Dear God thats a lot of snow DB. We have hardly had any! NO fair!

PeteG55
    Free Member

I don’t think this a go at 4wd owners in general, just all the school run mums and other idiots in their Cayennes, RR Sports, X5s etc. Least thats the way I see it. I don’t begrudge anyone who and their stupidly wide tarmac biased tyres are worse than many normal saloons in this weather. Trouble is most of them seem to drive like 4wd makes them invincible.
    Good on you dazzlingboy, karma points in the bag.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I stopped on a hill near my house on Sunday to offer two separate cars a tow – there I was, in my little homosexual hairdressers car, happily chugging away in 4×4 High ratio with the diff locked, there they were spinning away going nowhere…

unfortunately neither of them had tow ropes with them, ah well, I suppose I at least showed willing 😆

SaxonRider

PeteG55 – Member
    I don’t think this a go at 4wd owners in general, just all the school run mums and other idiots in their Cayennes, RR Sports, X5s etc. Least thats the way I see it. I don’t begrudge anyone who and their stupidly wide tarmac biased tyres are worse than many normal saloons in this weather. Trouble is most of them seem to drive like 4wd makes them invincible.
    Good on you dazzlingboy, karma points in the bag.

Couldn’t agree more.

I have to pass by two independent schools on my way to work everyday, and can hardly move for people driving their status symbols in and out of the grounds. I generally assume that if you own a Landrover 90 or 110, you probably use it, whereas there are a whole host of shiny 4wds that have hardly encountered dust.

But mentioning this is supposedly ‘class envy’. That is, as opposed to being utter stupidity on the part of the drivers.

I salute real 4×4 drivers, and deeply resent posers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘where are all the pics of snow bound SUVs?’ is closed to new replies.