Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • When you don't use a camelbak..
  • molgrips
    Free Member

.. where do you put your phone?

Note: I am just curious where you put it, I’m not unable to come up with a solution for myself in case anyone thinks this….

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Pocket?
    Same as 99% of the rest of the population……

stevied
    Free Member

In my fanny pack. Haven’t used a camelbak for over a year now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In my saddle bag – it’s huge and only one the road bike along with the frame mounted pump just to send them fully postal

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Jersey pocket, in a case.

weeksy

pocket. Usually jersey pocket.

simondbarnes

Jersey pocket, same place as I put it when I have got a camelbak

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

All my shorts are Madison, and all have a handy wee phone pocket at the sort of side/back of thigh. Or chest pocket on Gilet.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Under my helmet …………………fnarrrr, fnarrrrr

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah (my) off road jerseys don’t have pockets as there is no real need for mamil aeroe boost… so still in the camelback

thomthumb
    Free Member

short pocket/ jersey pocket.

where else did you have in mind?

onandon
    Free Member

In a Topeak case on the bars acting as a GPS.

jimdubleyou

I tuck mine up my undershorts.*

* not really. It goes in my pocket.

njee20
    Free Member

Pocket.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Pocket.

trail_rat
    Free Member

in my briefcase.

km79
    Free Member

Leave it in my car.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d worry it’d get wet in my pocket, or broken if I crashed on it.

stumpy01

Jersey pocket. If it’s looking like it’s gonna rain I put it in a small sandwich bag…

hairyscary

A tight fitting or zipped jersey pocket, but I’m always nervous that it is going to get smashed when I crash. I think I may have to invest in a small GPS that I can attach to the bike and ditch the phone altogether.

miketually
    Free Member

In an Alkit Fuelpod, mounted on the top tube behind the stem.

momo

Pocket, zipped hip pocket on the mtb or jersey pocket on road/cross bike. Put it in an ikea ziplock bag to keep it dry, touchscreen still works and I can chuck £20 and bank card in there too for emergencies/pub stops.
    Phone is in a rugged case and is well insured!
    have a garmin on the bars for nav/strava purposes so phone doesn’t need to come out too often.

stevious

Jersey pocket, inside a wapterproof case thing.

benp1

Pocket, or on the bike

lunge

Jersey pocket, in a clear pencil case.

matt_outandabout

Don’t take a phone.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Don’t take a phone.

when I’ve had one and signal they have been very useful, I’m sure it’s just me who can’t smoke signal 999 from my arse though

chilled76
    Free Member

Zip tie it to my back wheel.

You have to put it close to the hub though or it really slows you down… refer to recent thread on rotating weight for more clarification.

dragon
    Free Member

Rear pocket, in a Rapha case (there are better option available now) and waterproof bag.

mahalo

not taking a phone is kindda irresponsible, esp if riding alone. i always just kept mine in the thigh pocket of my shorts, until i read this! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36955531

trail_rat
    Free Member

“not taking a phone is kindda irresponsible, esp if riding alone”

WOW.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member

“not taking a phone is kindda irresponsible, esp if riding alone”

WOW.[/quote]
    anything other than wow to add? In the UK you have near universal phone signal compared to a lot of the world, if something goes wrong you have the opportunity to inform, help yourself and make the best of a situation. Nobody is saying rely on it. At worst without one it’s the volunteers of mountain rescue etc. who are out looking for you when you have not made it back. There are other people ready to put themselves at risk to help you, least you can do is help them.

nickc

I’d worry it’d get wet in my pocket, or broken if I crashed on it.

I’ve tested the crash theory many many times (no need to thank me) and I’ve never managed to break a phone plus there are plenty of little phone sized dry bags on the market that will still let you pause strava while you recover from a crash… 😆

simondbarnes

not taking a phone is kindda irresponsible, esp if riding alone

What if you don’t own one? And as for near universal phone signal, LOL!

whitestone
    Free Member

Turn phone off and put in jersey pocket. If I need to use the phone I can always turn it on, if I can’t then the phone isn’t going to be of much use to me.

+1 to the response about universal signal. Plenty of places in the Dales and Lakes where there is zero signal and they aren’t even remote – unless you call the little table at the back of the cafe “remote”.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What if you don’t own one? And as for near universal phone signal, LOL!

Dont own one? Excused us try an epirb 😉 as for near universal try the rest of the world… UK has exceptional phone coverage.

vickypea
    Free Member

If you don’t use a backpack where do you put spare tubes, pump, waterproof, tick remover, etc? I don’t use my camelbak bladder but the backpack is really useful, and that’s where I put my phone too.

simondbarnes

If you don’t use a backpack where do you put spare tubes, pump, waterproof, tick remover, etc?

Pockets generally

trail_rat
    Free Member

the only time ive had to call MR out … it was at fords of avon.

the only use a mobile phone was there was to hold the map down and stop it blowing away.

I got to a payphone before i got a signal on the mobile phone.

scotroutes

My manservant carries it in the ambulance that follows me wherever I ride. I think it’s irresponsible to partake of a wilderness activity without having adequate safety provision

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘When you don't use a camelbak..’ is closed to new replies.