• This topic has 103 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by los.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • When was the last time you cried?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For me, right now. Radio started playing Silent Lucidity by Queensrÿche.

Reminded me of someone who’s not here any more. 😥

philconsequence
    Free Member

pimps dont cry.

druidh
    Free Member

Couple of months ago.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll often have a weep… very rarely for a memory though.. beautiful music usually does the trick..

ir_bandito
    Free Member

plucking nostril hair yesterday morning.
    Youch.

lunge

If we ignore the dust in my eye at reading the Bullheart thread and also ignore getting a ball in the spuds playing football over the weekend for 1 moment.

I would say it was watching the Giro when Wouter Weylandt died, particually the next stage when they all finished in a line. really touched me that did.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

pimps dont cry.

Except when they’ve been continuously dissapointed by an iDieter.

I cried whilst watching Eastenders on a massive come down about 7 years ago.

McHamish
    Free Member

I don’t cry, I make onions cry.

Stoner
    Free Member

reading bullheart’s recent post

allthepies
    Free Member

About 30 years ago I reckon.

ton

quiet often in the last 12 months.
    i am a proper soft shyte me………. 😀

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Bullhearts post made me realise how bad my hayfever must be!

Stoner
    Free Member

I got something in my eye.

philconsequence
    Free Member

its all very american this whole “i’m a man and its ok to cry” thing

bunch of girls!

yunki
    Free Member

its all very american this whole “i’m a man and its ok to cry” thing

mmm.. like yah, totally

wwaswas

My upper lip trembles every time I watch Toy Story 3 and they are heading towards the incinerator. And then again at the end.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Saturday morning.

I wandered downstairs made a huge fuss of of our large, habitually lazy tabby cat who rolled on his back and emitted what can only be described as gaseous death from his back end, whilst purring his head off.

It certainly made my eyes water.

flip
    Free Member

When i watched the film Up, last year was it?

tyger
    Free Member

Last year losing both parents – still feel “lost” at times 🙁

Stuey01
    Free Member

Shed a tear whilst delivering my groom speech at my wedding this year.
    Other than that, cried manly tears watching Men of honour when Cuba Gooding Jr does his diving suit walk in the court room with De Niro screaming at him.

Awesome movie.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Only when I hurt myself.

djglover
    Free Member

2.5 years ago, when my newborn twins were in intesive care, at different hospitals, that was tough.

At that point, a nurse took me asside and said I shouldn’t let my wife or kids ever see me cry, that will certainly stick with me and I think thats right.

I don’t think I’v cried since childhood other than that. Had to fight it at my grannys funeral

GrahamS

I cry a fair bit. And I think having a child has probably made me more emotional.

In true middletrackworld style, recently (i.e. past few weeks) it was a couple of Radio 4 plays that have set me off good an proper. 😯

One was about a woman forming a relationship after her husband died. Nice bit with her reading out an “If you are reading this then I am dead” letter from her husband to her daughter. *gulp*

The other was about a girl talking to her grandmother trying to understand why her mum was so sad and why she killed herself. Basically it turned out the mother had watched her young son being trampled to death by a horse.

wwaswas

I shouldn’t let my wife or kids ever see me cry, that will certainly stick with me and I think thats right.

it may have worked for you but I can’t see why your family knowing that you’re as upset as them is a bad thing?

you might need to pull yourself together a bit and get on with life at times but to ‘not show it’ seems a bit old school.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

it may have worked for you but I can’t see why your family knowing that you’re as upset as them is a bad thing?

I’m feeling a little let down by him right now.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Have really toughened up since working with children in care and having to read their files. But recently saw a little boy I worked closely with and was fond of start a downward spiral to who knows where, and I’ll probably never see him again. So, two weeks ago.

And a big plus one for “Up” last year, I needed a bucket to catch em……!

Garry_Lager

The tears only come from visually for me, like watching a film. No idea why – could be deeply moved by something genuine but wouldn’t cry, but would start blubbing watching some bollox at the cinema.

Exception was when the first child was born. Lord Have Mercy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

beautiful music usually does the trick..

I can occasionally get a bit emotional and choked up listening to (and specially watching) tango. Which I’ve always found a tad bizarre and a tad embarrassing. But then I’ve always cried for Argentina ….. the last time I bawled my eyes out proper, was in the departure lounge of Cordoba (Arg) Airport, with all my family there, **** me that was embarrassing 😀 ….. damn that latin blood in me.

leffeboy

start blubbing watching some bollox at the cinema.

Yep, I’ve spotted that some movie makers seem to have the formula for that nailed. You could be watching some piece of trash not caring about any of the characters then they just go through their little rain dance and you get all emotional about nothing. Corporal punishment for them all I say ( does anyone know what the little rain dance is?)

higgo
    Free Member

Last time I watched ‘Steel Magnolias’.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sunday after an argument with Ms TINAS.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Last time GW insulted me online.

Where’s this Bullheart post?

SaxonRider

A few nights ago, in the cinema.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I had a bit of dust in my watching Benjamin Button with Mrs BB, only dust mind.

Last proper cry was a year ago, being phoned on a campsite at 0400 in the morning saying my Dad has passed and having to drive 3 hours back from Dorset with my 2 children in the back, asking why daddy has made us pack up while its still dark. Longest and lonliest drive i have ever made, silent crying to yourself whilst driving is not recommended.

Not generally a crier coming from a 70’s scottish parented upbringing, but i agree with an above comment that having kids can make you more open to your emotions.

anagallis_arvensis

Yesterday when I got an email from my late brothers partner.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually I think it was on Saturday; some documentary about the British Olympic Gymnastics team hopefuls, and events leading up to the trials. Can’t even remember why it was on, it was after Footy Focus or something maybe. Basically about a bunch of young lasses, who trained incredibly hard, but there were a dozen or so of ’em, and only six places.

To see the unsuccessful ones, having their hopes and dreams dashed, some knowing that was their last ever chance of performing on such a big stage, was heartbreaking. Imagine having to deal with such an emotional hammer blow, at such a tender age. Horrible. Really quite upset me tbh. 😥

BigJohn

Just read the happy Bullheart thread, so I’m blubbung right now.

Unlike last Wednesday, as I was told I would when we went to that dreadful Harry Potter film.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

When I was 10 … as the years roll on I’m wondering if it’s no longer possible for me to cry.

pcb
    Free Member

When my soon to ex-wife kept threatening to no not let me see my son. Just because she could.

wallop

When Channel bl**dy Four put Marley and Me on the other week. I wouldn’t mind but I knew what was going to happen and I still cried.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you cried?’ is closed to new replies.