Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • When is the best time to sell a 26" Five ?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

If you really must get rid just advertise now at a fair price and hold out.

I have 2 x 26″ bikes, Orange Five and Ti Slackline, I’m not all ’26” is the best’ but if I were to try and replace them for 27.5″ like for like I couldn’t afford to, it would cost £000’s even after selling my bikes, the marginal gains (if noticeable) would not be worth it IMO.

I really wish I was in the market for a new trail bike…I’d be all over a 12/13 Five I’ve seen totally pimp ones sell for circa £1200…I’ve considered a second just because they’re such a bargain!!

mrchrispy

To jump on the thinly veiled ‘not for sale, honest guv’ what do we reckon a pretty mint 2006 stumpy fsr would be worth?

very low miles..had children became roadie and now embarrassed to just ride it around the waterpark. could use the extra cash to fund road shnizzle and get a 1/2 decent hardtail on bike to work next year (need something to take the kids out with).

Has brand new reverb waiting to be fitted but suppose I could sell that separately.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2006/stumpjumperfsr/stumpjumperfsrcomp

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/product/review-specialized-bicycles-stumpjumper-fsr-comp-9016/

orena45

*cough* My 26″ Five is up for sale in the classifieds at a decent price for anyone interested *cough*

nach
    Free Member

When is the best time to sell a 26″ Five ?

Right now, to me, for a tenner 😛

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Is tapered going EOL 😆

6079smithw
    Free Member

If you wanna trade your Orange Five this place does part ex

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Kept my 2010 Zesty, glad I did. Resale values second hand are poor. Still enjoy riding the bike. My daughter rides it when she visits.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Op how much are you selling it for?

roverpig

Op how much are you selling it for?

Not 100% sure I am yet. As I say it wasn’t supposed to be a for-sale post. But thanks for all the responses. There was a surprisingly strong consensus: if I am going to sell then it might as well be now, selling the frame will be easier than the whole bike and I should expect around £600 for a tidy example with tapered steerer, maxle rear and kashima shock. So, once I’ve made my mind up, I’ll probably hold out for that for a while then start dropping the price when it doesn’t sell 🙂

core

That’s fair enough in my opinion, I can’t see any with that spec. about for less money. This thread has made me want one again though…..

zer0cool
    Free Member

I honestly think they’ll be a future classic and hold value to a certain extent.
    Look great, ride great, are great.

NormalMan

RP the ST issue 100 just hit my doormat and I started flicking through. Somehow my eyes were drawn to the 50 top tips and the words of Keith Bontrager on p.59.

You might want to keep the 26er 8)

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mines probably worthless, because it’s straight steerer and 27.2″ . But it is still a fab ride and save the brakes, wants for nothing spec-wise.

I’ll look to get probably a Whyte 905 and YT Capra next year but keep the five as I can’t bear the thought of someone enjoying it for peanuts!

My eldest son is about to outgrow my bike size at thirteen so even he won’t ride it!

takisawa2

Chuck it on the Orange Riders FB page…

2015 Mk1 here, bought the same week the Mk2 came out.
    Didn’t like the Mk2.
    Its a Five. They always sell.

eatplants
    Free Member

The best time for the fella a bought mine off was three weeks ago , 2013 pro full bike £1300 . I sold my soul 2013 about 8 weeks ago (frame and qr reba fork) for £450 , which I was happy with , good 26″ bikes don’t stop being good just cuz there is something new out , they will sell , or just Cary on enjoying it 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

Not curently in the market, but if I were I would be interested at £500. Seeing at at £600 ePay robs over 10%, plus likely PayPal fees..

orangeorange
    Free Member

How topical,I also have a 2013 five and have been looking for another one to set up light as mine’s a little bulky with 36`s etc,been keeping a keen eye on prices and they still seem to sell easily enough at the right price it seems.Anything priced £1300-ish seems to sell quickly,although you still get straight a steerer ones advertised at around £1k too.

eatplants
    Free Member

I was a little unsure if £1300 was too much , but it seems as though it was about right , oh and it is really good , I got first proper ride at sherwod on sat and I can completely see why they are so popular

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Just taken the plunge with a 2013 bike with a great spec for £1k, a lot of bike for my money.
    Richard

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘When is the best time to sell a 26" Five ?’ is closed to new replies.