Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • When I was a kid I hated anybody who had this…
  • porterclough
    Free Member

I had TCR… no Big Trak though (think my cousin had that). And a chopper, instead of a BMX (hence my impressive bike handling skills… err…).

But then I got a ZX Spectrum and that was that for the next 4 or 5 years.

Bought Scalextric for my son (honest) when he was about 2…

clunker

Still have all my Scalextic from BITD, bought my house with a big loft to build a track but 10 years on still in the box.

This from a German Company Slotfire has got me thinking again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGnl7Yuv6v8

bigrich

my next door neighbour had so may star wars figures his mum bought him one of the transport ships to store them in. never even played with them.

when i say played with them, i mean melted thier arms off with a magnifying glass/smashed between two bricks/put in the oven.

Mascy
    Free Member

BigRich – ha! I had a neighbour like the one you describe. Loved the film but wasn't really bothered about next-door neighbour's Luke / Darth with the extending light sabre arm which I'd just broken (sorry Paul Sims wherever you are now!)

I had BigTrak (with trailer), I had a Starbird (no control centre), I had Scalextric and a Hornby; God I was spoilt. The lesson it's taught me now as a dad is that I shouldn't just go & buy spangly stuff all the time for my son as he should strive (quite hard!) to achieve something & then be rewarded for his efforts. It's all too easy to just stick another bit of Gucciness on the credit card & worry about it later.

There's a lesson in there for us bikers too I'm sure…!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Our Scalextric came with two Metro's, what's that all about?

Mascy
    Free Member

Ah – but they were 6R4 metro's (or whatever that mentalist metro was called) were they not?

thegreatape
    Free Member

No, boggo ones like this

Very quicky replaced with an Ayrton Senna McLaren.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No, boggo ones like this

The MG Metro was every young driver's dream when I was a kid. A friend was going out with a soldier and therefore he had a bit more money than all of us and he had one. God was I jealous?

thegreatape
    Free Member

My uni mate cautious stanley had a vanden plas special edition metro, complete with 'quadrophonic' sound system, not unlike this beauty

[img]http://www.aronline.co.uk/images/cotm200701_01.jpg[/img]

duntmatter
    Free Member

That's a peeyump metro! We just had a City E.

Oh yes, ZOIDS! Hell yeah!

fybot
    Free Member

I had a "Scalextric-alike", Circuit 24 as I remember. Ah, the smell of ozone! Started with the real thing days after my first born, he's 14 now and 2 more followed him. We have a mix of Classic and Sport, considering conversion to Digital. Does anyone remember this … http://www.archive.org/details/trik_trak ?

G'night!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘When I was a kid I hated anybody who had this…’ is closed to new replies.