Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • When did people forget how to spell….
  • Jamie
    Free Member

GrahamS
    bobfromkansas
    Free Member

When will people learn how to use ellipses?

mt
    Free Member

never really got the spelling business right. 60 word spelling tests and a smack on the arse with a metal edged rule for everyone wrong sort of turned me of attending English lessons. It did not help with my other school work either. Still after all these years I’m getting lots of lessons on here. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Prollom I have is I axcess this sight a lot from my phone, when I reply to posts I use swype keyboard with prediktive text set to off..

KonaTC

itd noy speeling I jave a peobleb ivh its tipping

thehustler
    Free Member

When did people forget how to spell….

Probably about the same time as punctuation went down the tubes, a question should be ended with a “?”.

khani
    Free Member

I don’t think people have forgotten how to spell, most couldn’t spell in the first place, and with the advent of social media they’re trying to do something they’d never had to do before.
    For a lot of people who left school and went into manual jobs the only thing they had to write was their name and address on forms, now they’re on facebook and twitter and here….

dribbling
    Free Member

2 personal favourites of mine.

Instead of chest of drawers, “Chester Draws” (This was a frequent occurence in a particular job I once had)

“Setting a new President” (A favourote with the R5 live oddly)

CountZero

When will people learn how to use ellipses?

I missed the last one. 🙁

Sandwich

on a regular basis

Would that be regularly then?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Loose/lose always gets my goat. Why TF can’t people get it right, ‘careful you don’t loose it’, ‘I think I’m loosing the will to live’ etc.
    I also frequent a sea angling forum & there’s some real dumbness on there, illiteracy at it’s best.
    Gets on my wick & I’m not poifect!

yunki
    Free Member

For a lot of people who left school and went into manual jobs the only thing they had to write was their name and address on forms, now they’re on facebook and twitter and here….

what about graduates with poor spelling and grammar..?

I didn’t go to uni, as I considered at the time that I was probably getting ‘ideas above my station’, so it riles me a little bit when I see poor literacy from people that are supposedly academically quite bright..

especially with the advent of computers and social media, when the machine does most of the spelling for you, and you can check a query with a couple of goggleclicks..

quid venit in mundum?

khani
    Free Member

what about graduates with poor spelling and grammar..?

They should be shot for wasting taxpayers money…..bastards!!!…..

KennySenior
    Free Member

When did people forget how to spell….

Was it 3 days ago?

glupton1976 – Member
    cranberry – if youre going to pull people up on there speeling and grammer atleast do it right?

Cougar

Loose/lose always gets my goat. Why TF can’t people get it right

I think it’s because it’s counterintuitive; the shorter word written is the longer word spoken, and vice versa.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘When did people forget how to spell….’ is closed to new replies.