Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wheel truing jig
  • powerofra

I want a jig for truing wheels.

I have road and MTB wheels with 9mm, 15mm, 20mm, and 142 x 12 axles.

Does anyone know whether the Tacx T3175 stand will accept all these different wheels?

Or any (cheap) alternatives?

Cheers

float
    Free Member

cheap – make your own?

zbonty

Second what float said.

I built one after reading Roger Musson’s (wheelpro)book, which was mentioned in last issues wheels review.

A doddle to do and cost a pound or two for bolts at the ironmongers and £1 for a bit of laminated wood from B&Q.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    powerofra

May well make my own but at £32 that Tacx one is hard to ignore if anyone can confirm that it’ll work with different axle diameters and lengths?

Cheers

unklehomered
    Free Member

To make your own does require woodwork tools etc, and some metal work. Worth it if you have access to these things. I recently got the Taxc and am very happy with it. Nothing much else to compare it too. But i’ve trued and built wheels with it…

Fits on my desk, which is ace, watch a film while building a wheel encourages you to take your time with the tensioning part. And at 32 you can buy it, use it for a bit and probably get most your money back if you ebay it… It works for different size wheels, certainly bmx to road, would imagine 29er ok too. And different axle width ok too. just stretch out the holding prongs, which have some flex in them for just that.

powerofra

Cheers for that – i’ll get it ordered

unklehomered
    Free Member

Go forth and build wheels that have never been built before!!!

davy-g
    Free Member

I am not the best at working with tools and wood..but I managed to knock up a usable truing stand.. 8)

Macavity
    Free Member

Is there anything cheaper than using the bike frame or forks, with some tape and bits of cardboard as guide/ indicators?

Del

not really, but getting that lot clean so it can go in the house, then at the right height to work at comfortably, etc. etc.
    for the sake of 30 quid i bought the stand. ymmv.

CustardCream

They look good for the money.

Where’s the best place to get one for £32 please?

Thanks, Chris.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Ribble cycles are selling them for just shy of £32.

unklehomered
    Free Member

none in stock for a while now though. I got mine from Bikester, but you need to order extra things to get your order over 50 quid and delivered free.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wheel truing jig’ is closed to new replies.