Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wheel dilema
  • swompy
    Free Member

an age old question no doubt often raised on here, so sorry lads (and ladies) here it comes again, Im looking for a new set of wheels with 15mm axel for my p7 with me (11 stone 8) riding it in a relatively unagressive but clumsy way. Im torn between flows , crest and 717s with hope hubs. does the max psi on no tubes rims only apply to tubeless setups, will I be able to tell a 100 gram difference in rim weight. oppinions appreciated.

ianpinder
    Free Member

I have a set of stans arch rims with i9 hubs and spokes that weigh 1550g. Nice and strong

swompy
    Free Member

its a shame hope dont spec any of their off the peg wheels with them rims, alternatively its dig deeper into pockets and pay for custombuilds

nuke

I like the Arch but it’s a shame they don’t do them as Hope Hoops as it would save a lot over a custom Arch/ProII build (£300+).

Crest (21mm) are a bit wider than Arch (19mm) but lack the extra strength/stiffness. I’ve a set of Hoops with 355s and they have held up to everything (similar weight to you, run on a PA with 140mm 15mm forks)…don’t see why the Crest wouldn’t do the same and therefore that would be my choice if you were going the Hoop route.

nicko74

I’d say Hope Hoops with Crest. But personally the black only hub is a bit of a downer for me – I want more colours!

swompy
    Free Member

think its crest then, thanks .

neninja
    Free Member

Rutland will build Arch/Hope wheels for the same price as the Crest Hope Hoops.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wheel dilema’ is closed to new replies.