Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • What's YOUR latest CD/Download purchase? And why?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Pantera discography for a tenner, because it’s awesome.

chomp
    Free Member

downloaded the Minecraft soundtracks – perfect music to have on the ‘phones while dozing on the train

cooie

This 😉

Because I missed the cds the first time round.

CountZero

Forgot the Smoke Fairies eponymously titled new album that I bought last Sunday and left in my bag.
    Something else new to listen to tonight.
    And why?
    ‘Cos I like them very much.

weare138
    Free Member

The Beat – Just Can’t Stop It on vinyl for £7 from the local record shop
    Also got a few 7″ for a pound each including a couple of Trojan singles and a Sham 69 one.

Simpsan
    Free Member

Indie Cindy – Pixies
    Eagulls – Eagulls

Because Pixies are awesome and Eagulls sound a bit like Killing Joke ( and I’m going to see them in a coffee shop in a couple of months )

CountZero

Because Pixies are awesome and Eagulls sound a bit like Killing Joke ( and I’m going to see them in a coffee shop in a couple of months )

Bet it won’t be as sweaty as the Killing Joke gig I went to, on the Pandemonium tour, wearing a leather bike jacket down the front in the mosh pit. Jacket completely soaked through, and my mate said I was a very unhealthy looking shade of purple… 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

Two albums based on Trans Savoie highlight soundtracks – Bella Ruse and Handsome and Gretyl. Bop ought an Alt-J track as it feature on midweek movies to.

d45yth
    Free Member

Damon Albarn – Everyday Robots…
    because it’s vastly different to the usual electronic stuff I listen to.

On another note, I can’t believe folk are paying for individual downloads. Just use Spotify, £5-10 a month instead. The only thing it’s not good for are dj mixes, but I just use Mixcloud or Soundcloud for those anyway. I can only see Spotify being a problem if you’re wanting the tracks on CD, there are ways around that though. 😉

brooess
    Free Member

+1 for Pixies Indie Cindy
    Plus Young Person’s Guide To The Orchestra after watching Moonrise Kingdom last week

CountZero

On another note, I can’t believe folk are paying for individual downloads. Just use Spotify, £5-10 a month instead. The only thing it’s not good for are dj mixes, but I just use Mixcloud or Soundcloud for those anyway. I can only see Spotify being a problem if you’re wanting the tracks on CD, there are ways around that though.

But you never actually own the music you’re paying for, are you? Plus you have to know what to look for. Coupled with the simple fact that Spotify is only of any use at all at home; anywhere else and it’s totally useless. Streaming music on a mobile device is pointless, unless you’re one of the fortunate metropolitan types with access to a) a high-speed digital network that allows b) unlimited data, or c) you have loads of free wifi hotspots.
    For the rest of us, those simply don’t exist. I can’t even stream BBC 6Music properly, and that’s on the best local network, which gives 1Gb/month. 3 has unlimited, but its coverage is crap.
    I can Shazam loads of new stuff from 6Music without having to search for it, then download it at my leisure, and it’s mine, on my phone and on my computer.
    And should you holiday, like I have the last few years, in a place with zero network coverage, and zero wifi access, your Spotify access is screwed. Whereas I’ve got 160Gb of music on my iPod.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Record Store Day:
    American Beauty, Bruce Springsteen, plus a couple of old Stones ep’s.
    Cd’s:
    Wrecking Ball, Emmylou Harris. Deluxe edition with disc of outakes & DVD. Remastered and expanded version of a long time favourite.
    The Unbroken Promise, Bruce Springsteen. 6 CD box set of unreleased and alternative versions from the Darkness on the Edge of Town sessions. Cos the original album is still, after 36 years,still listened to by myself at least once every week. Fav LP bar none.

slackalice
    Free Member

Nick Harper – Riven

Because he is very very good 😀

Also saw him last night at The Cellars 😀

Marin
    Free Member

Ritual de lo habitual on CD by Jane’s Addiction. Only got it on vinyl and the turntable has gone. Got tickets to see them in Manchester hurray!
    Electric Lady by Janelle Monae as well. She makes me wanna dance.

BlobOnAStick

CZ: if you are paying for Spotify, you can make all tracks available offline. I have about 12gb worth of music, synchronised at maximum sample rate on my iPod ready to rock whenever I want with or without wifi/mobile coverage. All I have to do is log in every 30 days to keep it.

What’s also good is that you can find people who share similar musical tastes to yourself and listen to their playlists, and find new artists to listen to, all for no more money per month.

The £10 I spend on Spotify each month is the best expenditure ever!

For the record: Rae Morris’ ep was the last thing I made available offline.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Just bought a download copy of Earth Rocker by Clutch. Been meaning to get it for ages, and after seeing it mentioned at least twice in this thread I went and got it straight away. Just listened to it all and loved it

mikey74
    Free Member

Just bought a download copy of Earth Rocker by Clutch. Been meaning to get it for ages, and after seeing it mentioned at least twice in this thread I went and got it straight away. Just listened to it all and loved it

Yeah, it’s great, isnt’t it? Do you have anything else by Clutch?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

“Seven Dials” by Roddy Frame.

This is the standout track:

mamadirt
    Free Member

Static-X – Destroyer

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdA1DKfbwo[/video]

durhambiker
    Free Member

Aye, also got Strange Cousins From The West and From Beale Street To Oblivion.

Need to get more!

d45yth
    Free Member

Blobonastick – +1, you beat me to it. There are programs out there that can copy your Spotify playbills/folders into a non-Spotify one too, so you can then do what you want with them.

boxfish
    Free Member

Cos I’m partial to jazz flute. Grrrreat. 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Need to get more!

Get Blast Tyrant.

mav12
    Free Member

springsteen s high hopes

mainy for the dvd that came with it born in the us live from the hard rock concert last year

BobaFatt
    Free Member

New Pixies album Indie Cindy

I know it’s not Doolittle like all the moaners have been moaning about it, but I instantly liked Bagboy when it came out, and they still are the best band around in my opinion

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGdSYPh5_BI[/video]

hatter

Need to get more!

Get Blast Tyrant.

And pure rock fury and elephant riders, and impetus and, and, and……..

teadrinker
    Free Member

They might be Giants – No. Why, because miniteadrinker thinks it is cool.

aa
    Free Member

People under the Stairs. 12Step Progam.

On limited edition coloured vinyl.

why? Because puts are great and we need to support artists we like.

cheers_drive

Eels – The Cautionary Tale of Mark Oliver Everett. Have always liked them and rhis has some melancholy genius.

CountZero

Wrecking Ball, Emmylou Harris. Deluxe edition with disc of outakes & DVD. Remastered and expanded version of a long time favourite.

Indeed, I’ve been meaning to get hold of this. Especially as I’m seeing Emmylou and Daniel Lanois in Bristol at the end of the month, doing the whole of Wrecking Ball. Really looking forward to it, it’s been ages since she last played over here.
    Won’t beat the time I saw her at the Jazz Cafe in London, with Gillian Welch as support. She was only about three feet away from me! Gillian came on as well, later, then Nanci Griffith joined them for several songs too! Amazing evening, that.

durhambiker
    Free Member

After going out for an hour long run and listening to Earth Rocker all the way through again, I’ve got home and grabbed an mp3 copy of The Elephant Riders. I suspect I’ll have Clutch’s entire back catalogue before long

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘What's YOUR latest CD/Download purchase? And why?’ is closed to new replies.