Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • What's wrong here? My iPad or STW.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In the last couple of weeks or so I’ve been having real problems with cut/paste on my iPad on STW.
    If it does paste, it won’t paste what I’ve just copied, it pastes the last thing I copied before that.
    Then it won’t paste at all most times, I tap the cursor and the little menu appears for half a second then disappears before I can tap paste. I also can’t paste photo links on here form Flickr, same thing happens.
    Also, I’m getting insane lag when typing sometimes.
    This doesn’t happen anywhere else, email, messages etc so what’s up? I can’t quote anyone and I can’t post pics.
    I’ve done a restart, I’ve even restored the iPad but to no avail.
    Ideas?

coatesy
    Free Member

No idea with that one i’m afraid, was hoping you were having issues like mine on this site only, once i’ve opened a thread i’m unable to get back out of it without clicking the arrow like buggery/closing it down and restarting.

peteimpreza

Is your moose knuckle in the way?

Houns

Snap

And since losing my ‘P’ the site has become a ball ache to load, really slow

nickdavies

Similar here, it also crashes when I’m typing if I manage to get paste to work. In general stw seems to be very buggy on the iPad, not really any problems on the desktop though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I get a bit of lag, no problems with the copy/paste issues you have though 😐

jam-bo

It was really bad with 8.0, got a lot better with 8.1. Still not great though.

onandon
    Free Member

I’m also no longer able to cut and paste to the site with an iPad.

nickjb
    Free Member

I get something similar on Android. Only occasionally. Almost certainly something to do with adverts. Most of the issues these days are.

once i’ve opened a thread i’m unable to get back out of it without clicking the arrow like buggery

Have a read of this. You are not alone
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-isnt-the-back-button-working

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, yes definitely a problem, I had an issue adding a link yesterday where the keyboard wouldn’t activate. I would lean 60/40 to say it’s an Apple problem though as I have some issues elsewhere.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cool. So it’s not just stupid old me then.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I bought a new iPad today. Still the same issue on STW, and now this site is freezing Safari on it as well. It’s definitely this site thats the problem.

simmy
    Free Member

I’m having problems on the I Pad and STW when I’m not logged in by the Site ” bouncing ” and settling after a few seconds.

It must be the Ads as its fine when I’m logged in.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Same here, means I have to manually do a classified advert meh.

This sites fubarred. Time for all that sub money to pay for a new look stw site that actually works for the collective us and that doesn’t have flashing ads

scotroutes

All that sub money that you’re not paying?

cakefacesmallblock

Back button issue seems to have been resolved. And I touched nuffin ! Honest !

hilldodger
    Free Member

By contrast I have no issues on tablet, phone or PC – plus reading the mag via the app is a treat 😀

robdob
    Free Member

It does appear that you have to pay for this site if you want it to work properly. In addition it appears that subscribing gives you permission to be a condescending git whenever the issue of the shonky programming of the forum comes up in a thread. 🙄

hilldodger
    Free Member

subscribing gives you permission to be a condescending git…

Is the best bit of the sub 😆

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

By contrast I have no issues on tablet, phone or PC – plus reading the mag via the app is a treat

Neither do I now I’ve downloaded a new browser with a certain unmentionable feature…..

singlesteed
    Free Member

Yup!

Let all those who want to pay subs,subsidise those who are more needy of a site that works where they also have their say too than just the condescending gits.

MSP

Let all those who want to pay subs,subsidise those who are more needy of a site that works where they also have their say too than just the condescending gits.

Now some posts are getting scrambled into gobbledegook, STW towers really need to get on top of these technical issues.

vincienup
    Free Member

I’m not sure that it’s reasonable to finger a particular site as a problem if it works for other people in other browsers.

No idea about Safari anymore as I gave up on iDevices a couple of months ago, but was getting annoyed with being continually redirected to the AppStore to buy ‘Game of War’ or whatever the schonky ad in the sidebar was trying to push. I actually stopped visiting from my iPhone and started just using a laptop.

Chrome on my Android was pretty nasty for a lot of sites. Firefox worked reasonably well but I settled on Dolphin for now. It works well and STW behaves on it when I’m logged in. Firefox again for pref on a Windows laptop, which has been behaving for weeks. Having said that though, I turn off the ads, which i’m allowed to do.

I’d say it’s more that Safari/AppStore as a combo is being targetted for driveby ads…

crosshair
    Free Member

I’ve had so much trouble with my iPad since the last round of updates. I think its to do with that new auto-correct function. Also, forums with Autosave for restoring what you may have started trying to post seem to crash 50% of the time now.
    Every day I find new reasons to hate Apple. Tonight my iPhone stopped shuffling songs midway through a playlist. Earlier, it cut out completely at 20% battery and wouldn’t restart until I plugged the charger in- then it said 39%. I think it’s all a big con to get you to buy the latest phone.

Drac

Crosshair my iPhone 5 was good at that with the battery problems, fixed by using this.

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone5-battery/

Then a visit to Apple.

austinburner
    Free Member

Have you tried tap copy tap tap paste tap a tap tap paste copy.
    Works a treat on my drums

jota180
    Free Member

I have JavaScript turned off in Safari, which works well to clean up and stabilise STW.
    It was bordering on unusable before that with floating popups etc.

I need to use Chrome for a lot of other sites though rather than keep toggling JS on and off

kayak23

austinburner – Member 
    Have you tried tap copy tap tap paste tap a tap tap paste copy.
    Works a treat on my drums

😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What's wrong here? My iPad or STW.’ is closed to new replies.