Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • why isn't the back button working?
  • jools182
    Free Member

This has probably been done, but why isn’t the back button on my browser working on this site?

It doesn’t take me back to the overview page

z1ppy

Dunno about your back button, why would it go to the overview page? Of late on here my mouse back button works intermittently (to previous viewed page) or copy txt with the mouse (holding left click and highlight, though can do it via the keyboard), just this site none other. Does seem weird stuff is happening on here

joshvegas
    Free Member

Click on thread now stuck on thread.

That’s a cruel trick!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eckinspain
    Free Member

Same problem here. I have to click on the forum button up top to go back.

Cougar

Fine here. User error? (-:

The ‘back’ button should take you to the previously viewed page, regardless of site.

Cougar

Random thought, what browser are you using?

WackoAK
    Free Member

It’s working ok for me on chrome.

z1ppy

chrome (auto updating)

nickjb
    Free Member

Same for me. Chrome on Android. Taking 3 presses to go back one page. Only been happening the last few days.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Same here last few days. I’m using Chrome.

z1ppy

wow, just check my version, it auto updated, now everythings changed font… bizarre

willard

I think the page is doing an auto-refresh or soemthing as the browser back history shows several copies of the same page in both the forum main page and each post. Something to do with the ad platform?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Same problem here. I have to click on the forum button up top to go back.

same here. Opera

nickjb
    Free Member

Something to do with the ad platform?

That was my first thought.

Drac
    technicallyinept
    Free Member

I noticed this yesterday after updating Chrome (on a Windows desktop pc). Very annoying!

Clicking the browser’s back button does not take me to the previous page (be that the overview or a previous page in multiple page thread).

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

Working for me on Safari here

richmars

Back arrow just re-loads the current page. Chrome on a Windows 7 PC.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Not working properly for me either,have to hit back about half dozen times before it goes back.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Theres a recent known problem with “free loader plugin” on some sites using IE and chrome. Firefox not affected.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just done some science. Seems to be ad related. Cougar/Drac does it do it for you if you turn ads back on?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

The “freeloader plugin” problem occurs depending on what ads you’ve been served: so it wont happen all the time or for all users.

And the freeloader term above isnt me: its automatically replaced / edited in my post.

loddrik
    Free Member

And i thought is was just me (chrome)

Cougar

Just done some science. Seems to be ad related. Cougar/Drac does it do it for you if you turn ads back on?

You appear to be correct. Just fired up IE and replicated the issue. Hm.

I’ve flagged it with Them to have a look at.

Mark

We made a change.
    Can anyone let us know if it’s still happening?

Cougar

Yep, still happening.

It wants to go back to delivery.platform.switchads.com/adserver/update_sat.html?v=1.4-QUNIT; if you wait a few seconds, it reverts to the correct page.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

still happening
    chrome on windows 8

peasant
    Free Member

Still happening here using chrome

Drac

I find it works fine but depends on how fast it loads the page.

Cougar

I don’t know as it’s loading time, so much as whether or not you wait a few seconds after it’s finished before hitting the button. Seems to be, anyway.

Drac

Something like that but it was working great in the pub with a poor connection but at home with a fast connection there’s a delay before I can use it.

Simwit

Well I think you know the answer to that then Drac, back to the pub with you 😉

Still not working right for me on iPad

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Same here on standard android browser

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Same on IOS too

Philby

Same problem here using Chrome.

nickjb
    Free Member

Any chance we could have a ‘forum’ link at the bottom of each thread? It’d save using the back button and make fore better navigation.

kayak23

nickjb – Member 
    Any chance we could have a ‘forum’ link at the bottom of each thread? It’d save using the back button and make fore better navigation.

Always been annoying that. Don’t understand why there can’t be one directly after the last post.

I keep on scrolling to the bottom where it says ‘Website and Forums’ and hit ‘Forum Overview’

Back button working ok here on Dolphin, but as I say, I hit Forum overview at the bottom, as the back button doesn’t refresh the threads Shirley?…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

8 back button clicks to get out of the tipster thread just then, but often just 3, and sometimes 2. Seems to be time in thread related.

winrya
    Free Member

Same problem for me on chrome on phone and safari on laptop

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Unusable on my android phone- seems to auto update every 30 seconds (the url box re-appears) and then it bounces me from wherever I was to the top of the page.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘why isn't the back button working?’ is closed to new replies.