Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Whats with all the old blokes riding bikes,
  • project
    Free Member

So you turn up at any trail centre at a weekend and it seems to be populated with middle aged men, most over 40, dont these people have families or wives to go shopping with, or stay in to watch sport.

Theres more Blackberries and Apples than at your local fruit stall down the market, and why do older people always SHOUT where they are, and what they have just ridden /walked/looked at, im sure the technology in their phones is able to amplify the sound to the other person.

maccruiskeen

dont these people have families or wives to go shopping with

yes, thats why they’ve got hobbies

jon1973
    Free Member

Mountain biking seems to have become the new golf.

deserter
    Free Member

why are people always so concerned with what other people are doing?

landcruiser
    Free Member

Why are you so put out by the over 40’s ? Do you keep getting in their way ! 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Project- are you just going to stop doing anything when you hit 40 then?

matt_outandabout

‘sall bikes, innit?

Metasequoia

Wait until you are old i.e., 40, then look at this post again from the archives and see if you still have the same opinion 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

what they have just ridden

we don’t ride we session….

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Project- are you just going to stop doing anything when you hit 40 then?

Errrm, Project, can’t you remember what it was like to be 40 something? 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

Sorry, mate – I just aged! Started riding MTBs in my 20s – here I am in my 40s, still riding. What’s with all these Johny-come-latelys clogging up my trails? 🙄

😆

joolsburger
    Free Member

Bought my first MTB in 1989 and been riding them since perhaps I should give up now?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Old is when you’re 90.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

50 is the new 40 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

bleedin’ yoofs

Reluctant
    Free Member

Go Santa! 8)

antigee

or stay in to watch sport

is that a euphemism ?

totalshell

as i is 50 am no appy wiv de youngsta out on de trails dey shud be ome holding ont to de mummys and.. de nex time i sees a stabaliser on de trail i es giving em me bombers..

simonralli2
    Free Member

I must be doing something wrong when out biking as I have never met anyone who has cared about me, my lack of pace, bike, pay-as-you-go Nokia or bad dress sense.

It’s just fun fun fun up in this little corner of SW Scotland with simply everyone I come into contact with 😀

redfordrider
    Free Member

+1 it’s the new golf. Friends in SA tell me that they’ve cancelled annual golf days to go riding with their clients and suppliers. MTBing is more family friendly. How many fathers with young kids can take 5 hrs on sat to play a round a golf?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Project’s just a typical kid, I was the same when I wasn’t 40.
    55 here & ride with my 23 yr old lad, his mates & a 28yr old I work with, who’s no slouch & thinks I’m a ‘monster’ on the bike!
    If Project’s lucky he’ll make it to the big four oh & he’ll have a different outlook.

DezB
    Free Member

For project.
    Pillock

mt
    Free Member

I’m old now but I was young when I bought my first mtb at that time I thought Nokia made wellies and you ate blackberries.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

We clean it first time round so we dont need to “session”… 😉

yetirose
    Free Member

To project, 53oh sorry nearly 54 going on 16 now and love my mountain biking and have done so for the last 15 years or more , if your lucky you may still be riding when your older, me thinks you may be an internet trail god . 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

We got all the houses [mortgage free] & shed loads of disposable income so spend it on bikes etc.

landcruiser
    Free Member

Ha and don’t forget lots of free time as we is all retired !

Edric64
    Free Member

What all these over 40s like me ? who have mountain biked since the mid 80s before it was the new golf?

mogrim

Sessioning is what you do when you’re fat and slow.

scraprider
    Free Member

oh diddums seems like someone cant keep up, 50 this year and still leaving yoofs for dust on my 2002 patriot.

cinnamon_girl

Heaven forbid you may even come across girlies of over 50 riding – high5’s mamadirt who is so cool for building her own bikes and KarinofNine who’s gonna overtake you cos she’s fast. 8)

Please stop being ageist!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I know for a fact that Project has ridden his bike with ladies over 50 – on more than one occasion.

cinnamon_girl

Cougars on the trails, whatever next. 😯

😉

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m glad you put that winky in – I was about to go off and sell my mountain bike!

singlespeedstu

jon1973 – Member

Mountain biking seems to have become the new golf.

The local golf course owners seem to deeply disagree with this when i try and ride across their perfectly manicured “trails”.

geologist
    Free Member

Some of us oldies have been riding mountain bikes for a long time, in fact, since before mummy and daddy thought of having their little precious.

At the dawn there were no trail centres, we rode up Snowdon and in the proper wilds on crap bikes,without having to come on a forum and ask if ‘my 2000 quid hardtail will cope with real riding’.

You should show us oldies much respect init! After your DJ’ing and reality TV is over, you will be old too, if you are lucky and manage to make it through the hardship of your piss easy mickey mouse university courses that seem to be favoured by the yoof of today!

bloody kids xxx (and im only 37)!

slowoldgit
    Free Member

*61, expects to be trumped*

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

No sign of Project, must be past his bedtime. Think I’ll bung the lights on the bike & nip out for a bit.

singlespeedstu

Some of us oldies have been riding mountain bikes for a long time, in fact, since before mummy and daddy thought of having their little precious.

At the dawn there were no trail centres, we rode up Snowdon and in the proper wilds on crap bikes,without having to come on a forum and ask if ‘my 2000 quid hardtail will cope with real riding’.

You should show us oldies much respect keep doing your thing and pushing things forward init!

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Whats with all the old blokes riding bikes,’ is closed to new replies.