Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • What's the worst that can happen if you inhale a fly?
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just out on the bike and breathing quite hard, when I inhaled a small insect.

Felt it bounce off the back of my throat at about the level of the laryngeal prominence.

Despite an almost instant reactive cough, then a lot of hawking and spitting I don’t think it came back out.

What’s the worst that could happen?

uplink
    Free Member

Try swallowing a spider

if that gets lost ………..

wwaswas

What’s the worst that could happen?

Well, I know an old woman who swallowed a fly…

Klunk
    Free Member

fly + stomach acid….. watch innerspace for your answer 😀

nicko74

Didn’t she die?

Cougar

For you or for the fly?

MrNutt
    Free Member

insect aids.

Stoner
    Free Member

Didn’t she die?

but not before she’d eaten really well.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/o/old_woman_who_swallowed_a_fly_gifts.asp

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You could inadvertantly swerve onto the wrong side of the road and be crushed by a shark riding a unicorn. Whilst not quite trampled to death by the initial impact, the shark may decide to turn around and beat you to deaf with his mans bits then eat you alive whilst cackling ‘it could be a kids face next time’?

wwaswas

Didn’t she die?

yes, but she should have sought medical advice rather than popping up on some random forum and doing what the regulars suggested.

Pieface

It will get stuck in your oesophagus, it swells, you suffocate, you die.

Or it plants eggs in your intestine and billions of maggots grow and you have fly diaereea(sp) when you fart.

float
    Free Member

fly + stomach acid….. watch innerspace for your answer

no stomach acid in your lungs 😉

OP, ive done this and im still alive. ive also inhaled a bitesized shredded wheat! itll probably come up sooner or later so i wouldnt worry too much.

allthepies
    Free Member

Well death would be pretty high up the list of worst things that could happen.

mrmo
    Free Member

i suppose the wost thing is the fly was a bot fly and currently the lava is in your lung having lunch,

allthegear
    Free Member

TSY – you scare me sometimes….

Rachel

dan1980
    Free Member

This?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Rachel – I was just posting what Phil would be thinking.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It is true, you will die

verses

About 20 years ago a largish fly got stuck up my nostril as I was biking along!

I can still vividly remember the feeling of it wriggling around inside my nasal cavity as I attempted to close off the other nostril and ‘snot it out’…

So in my experience of a similar situation, the worst that can happen is that you’ll fall off your bike and be laughed at by your mates who have no idea why you’re rolling around on the ground, clutching your face and snotting everywhere….

wwaswas

I hate it when they hit the back of your throat without touching anything else first.

There is a theory that the Australian accent is a Cockney one with your teeth clenched to keep the flies out your mouth and, ime, it does seem to be true.

As above unless the fly was carryign some dreadful lurgi you’ll be fine. Best not to self medicate with other wild/farm life, though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

the fly decides to makea home for itself in your left lung, after a while it gets lonely and starts pumping out pheromones at night which you exhale without realising, lots of horny male flies make their way to your sleeping half open mouth and mission it to your left lung which is know well known amongst the insect population as ‘the wet room’ for reasons i dont want to go into on a public forum.

due to differences in cultural attitudes the fly is not known as a whore and gains a reputation for being the best and the comfortable surroundings, warm moist lung tissue mean your left lung is eventually filled up with a thousand horny maggots. you dont notice all this happen until one day you inhale a bite-size shredded wheat into your right lung, this causes you to start to choke and panic… and begin to forcefully exhale horny maggots over a loved one.

EDIT – you were wrong yeti, but i applaud your effort.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It may do the washing up whilst in there…

I have swallowed a few wasps in my time, tasty to the point of vomit.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I hate it when they hit the back of your throat without touching anything else first.

Yup, no foreplay is just rude.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I would think that the very worst thing that could happen is that it’s not really a fly, but is, in fact, part of Jeff Goldblum’s teleportation experiment, and that, late at night (or worse, early evening when you’re out trying to impress some hot totty with your spohistication and casual insouciance), it starts to metamorphose back into Jeff Goldblum.

mudshark
    Free Member

Impossible to inhale surely as you’d cough it up then swallow it. So you swallowed and digested it and it is now part of you, I watched a film along these lines where Geoff Goldblum became part fly, can’t remember much about it or what it was called though he became a good athlete so bodes well for you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

How large are your nostrils?

Seems a blue bottle can live upto 37 days if the environment is dark, 2 weeks if they just hanging around outside..

It’s not really the fly you should worry about, it’s whats on his feet/tongue…

wwaswas

whats on his feet/tongue

DM’s and a piercing ?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPOVmWzeqEo[/video]

mooman
    Free Member

Worst thing?? its wearing its newly polished brown boots..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

whats on his feet/tongue

DM’s and a piercing ?

A fly wearing DMs on its tongue? Now you’re just being silly.

rocketman
    Free Member

a moth in the gob is an experience I could live without

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘What's the worst that can happen if you inhale a fly?’ is closed to new replies.