Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Whats the problem? (toilet content)
  • pocpoc
    Free Member

Why do you all have so much waste food? Get it down ye!
    Anything leftover in our house usually goes in me or the dog before it gets anywhere near a bin. Which, with 3 kids leaving stuff, may explain why I’m not anywhere near my ideal weight 😐
    Anything inedible such a bones and the like goes in the food waste bin.
    Anything super soggy like half eaten bowls of cereal left by the children (even I have my limits!) goes in to the sink which has one of those strainer type plugs. Liquid drains away and the solid stuff is then chucked in the aforementioned food bin.

finbar
    Free Member

Waste food in toilets is just mind-bogglingly wrong. I feel like the world is an even worse place than I thought having read this thread.

As per comments above, it’s weird (and also wrong) to have large quantities of waste food. But if you do, and it’s liquid-y, pour it through a sieve in the sink. Liquid goes down the plughole, and lumpy bits go in the kitchen bin. It’s not rocket science.

sbob
    Free Member

shifter – Member

Don’t make waste food!

This. 😡

T1000
    Free Member

If you don’t have a food bin, why not get a composter or a wormery

AlexSimon

I’m liking the anger in this thread.
    All the arguments make no sense to me. I have a teenager. There are hardly any waste meals like this, but on the odd occasion when there are I will continue to chuck it down the toilet.

Next, you’ll be telling me that I can’t empty the deep fat fryer down there! 😉

brassneck

Both my sinks and my bog go to an old school septic tank and field leaching system so it makes no difference which entry is used. It’s be virtually impossible for us alone to put enough fat & oils down it to block the pipes, but I do separate these out.

No food recycling here, and composters / wormeries just attract rats. Big ones. In the main though, the dog benefits most from anything left over.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Yeah, as above, dog sorts all our food waste issues, who needs a dishwasher when there’s an ever willing tongue……

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Whats the problem? (toilet content)’ is closed to new replies.