Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Whats the problem? (toilet content)
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

The missus goes mad at me if i flush waste food down the loo. I don`t see the problem, if its too wet to go in the bin then surely the bog is the best place for it?

jam-bo

i suppose it cuts out the middleman…

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d say it would depend on what sort of food waste. Left over soup, go for it, half a pizza not such a good idea.

hooli

and better than having a shit in the kitchen bin I guess?

Phil_H

Could cause blockages further down the line, fatbergs etc.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Toilets and the U bend are designed to take poo.

Poo breaks down a lot quicker and easier than food / doesnt have fat in it like food.

Silly doing it IMO

plyphon
    Free Member

If its liquid enough to go down the bog…. why not just pour it down the sink?!

trailwagger
    Free Member

To clarify, im talking things like soup, anything in a sauce… and small quantities as its only plate scrapings.

The problem my missuses has is that she thinks its disgusting, not that it could cause issues in the drains. Thats the bit i dont understand, she is happy to sh*t down there but not put a little leftover bolonaise.

Yak

Ah, that’s a perception thing. You taking plates you eat off into the bog. Bit like you wouldn’t sit on the loo and scoff a packet of crisps.

You are not going to change this viewpoint.

zilog6128

It sounds like you have a bizarre OCD to be honest. 🙂

You actually take all your plates, bowls, etc into the khazi before taking them to the kitchen to wash them up? Or do you have a weird house layout where the shitter is in the dining room?

funkmasterp

Bit like you wouldn’t sit on the loo and scoff a packet of crisps.

Secretly writes this down for future reference

Stevet1
    Free Member

You actually take all your plates, bowls, etc into the khazi before taking them to the kitchen to wash them up? Or do you have a weird house layout where the shitter is in the dining room?

This. Whatever gave you the impression that this was a rational thing to do?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yeah that’s a bit **** odd.

We have a food recycling bin.

perchypanther
    Free Member

OP’s toilet, yesterday……

plyphon
    Free Member

the-muffin-man

Whats the problem? (toilet content)

…you are!

franksinatra

Bit like you wouldn’t sit on the loo and scoff a packet of crisps.

I would.

I don’t use the bog as waste disposal very often but I see where the OP is coming from. If I have a big pan of soup that is not going to get eaten then I would chuck it down the bog rather than block the sink up with bits of veg.

Both pipes (waste and sewar) join together soon enough anyway so not sure what the big deal is

trailwagger
    Free Member

Whats odd about it? The plates come from the table to the kitchen to be loaded into the dishwasher. Any scraps get put onto one plate/dish. If its dry enough it goes in the bin. If not then that one plate gets carried to the downstairs toilet (next to kitchen in utility) and disposed of.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Whats wrong with your council food waste bin?

johndoh
    Free Member

Whats wrong with your council food waste bin?

No idea about the OP but our council doesn’t provide them. And they have only just started recycling corrugated card (although they do other kinds). Thera are also about to start charging to dispose of garden waste. Ohh and they charge at recycling centres to dispose of anything to do with home improvements (ie, old basins, tiles etc).

Utterly shit.

AlexSimon

Yep, gone off stews, soups, beans, etc go down the toilet in our house.
    No council food waste bin and we don’t have an American-style waste disposal on the sink

mellowyellow
    Free Member

I used to work unblocking drains in London. If it got as far as the main drain we handed it to the council. I knew a lot of their guys and each and every one of them cursed people who had waste disposal units or put food down drains. They claimed It feeds the rats.

martinhutch

Your missus is clearly a very patient woman. Any other minging habits you want to ‘fess up to?

MSP

While she is distracted, now is the time to run your drive train through the dishwasher.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Your missus is clearly a very patient woman. Any other minging habits you want to ‘fess up to?

I do sometimes poo into the toilet, i know, disgusting right?

cynic-al
    Free Member

IME some women are utterly bonkers about nonsense like this.

Not sure there’s much you can do.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Do exactly the same here.
    Don’t see a problem with it at all.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Could be worse I spose, you could be using the kitchen sink as a crapper 😯

AlexSimon

To be fair to the OP’s wife.
    I think the sight of food in the toilet is pretty disgusting, as it invariably looks like diarrhoea or chunder.
    Even the noise of tipping it in can be a bit stomach-churning sometimes.

Davesport

I wasn’t a entire turkey carcass that you tried to flush? 😆

tomd
    Free Member

Seems a bit odd to me. I can’t imagine the guys at the water company would be overly thrilled if everyone started doing this!

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stack all the plates in the toilet bowl and flush? Probably needs some detergent too, is that what’s bothering her?

nickhit3
    Free Member

THIS. IS. MENTAL.

toilet = arses
    washing up bowl = plates, cutlery etc
    fairy liquid = both

got it? good.

AlexSimon

nickhit3

So where do you chuck your wet but chunky food?

Xylene
    Free Member

I get told off for doing it too.

Cornflakes don’t flush very well.

shifter
    Free Member

Don’t make waste food!

Xylene
    Free Member

More common than one would first think, even a marketing tool.

nickhit3
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    nickhit3
    So where do you chuck your wet but chunky food?

Well for starters (pun intended) there is rarely wet/chunky food going to waste. My family are not made of money and leftovers are normally dealt with orally within 48hrs of cooking. NOT with the aid of the porcelain item in the smallest room that we use to defecate in. Plate scrapings and any wet food left over- like most people I imagine- is mopped off the plate with kitchen roll and placed in the bin. As others more knowledgeable than I have pointed out, otherwise edible food or plate scrapings going down a toilet is a hateful thing, likely contributing to vermin problems in local sewerage systems and increasing the risk of blocking drains. OP is a psycho. I cant believe i’m even explaining this. It’s only Tuesday. Christ.

alpin
    Free Member

I’ll chuck left over salad/sauce down the pan. Don’t have the luxury of a waste disposal unit or food bin.

nickc

Why the loo, why not the sink?

You’re wife is weird to object but it’s equally weird to take a plate to another room to get rid of some liquid TBH

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Whats the problem? (toilet content)’ is closed to new replies.