Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Going for a walk?
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

There’s a certain dignity in pushing up a hill. Admitting it’s too much for you. Or, better still, that you just can’t be arsed. Choosing to saunter happily up a hideous climb you know you can ride but are not going to invest the effort in today is a great way to get your point across.

No it’s not…

scotroutes

What’s the point?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

good point.
    It’s from the Up article on the site.
    I was intrigued by what point you get across by pushing your bike up a hill.

jam-bo

I was intrigued by what point you get across by pushing your bike up a hill.

It doesn’t really matter how you get to the top?

mrmo
    Free Member

It doesn’t really matter how you get to the top?

It doesn’t matter in the same way it doesn’t matter if you walk back down? In fact it doesn’t matter if you walk up and walk down…

rocketman
    Free Member

Do a fair bit of pushing tbh. Didn’t really do that much until I started pushing up Stile Cop and found it quite therapeutic. Bit of a push, bit of banter, pretty good really instead of teeth-gritting cartilage-popping grinding it out.

Quite enjoy it now esp in places where I *could* ride it but cba

Trekster

The older I get the more I am having to push. Getting to the stage where I won’t need a bike shortly, just a zimmer 😉
    Knackered knees and back from auld age and wear & tear is taking its toll 😐

JAG

If you push up – then why take the bike? You’ll get to the top quicker and easier if you don’t have to push it!

😀

jam-bo

You want to ride down?

alpin
    Free Member

pushing is pussies…. short sections ok, but if you are the only one doing expect some piss taking…

carrying your bike across your shoulders is ok as long as you are not the only one doing it…

getting off your bike on the way down earns you many pussy points and ridicule from the group….

i don’t make the rules (really, i do).

edit… i used to use this as a rule when guiding.. the first to push had to pay for a round in the evening. helped speed the group up and helped with morale….

empireofthefun
    Free Member

So you guys would ride your dh bike all the way to the top of the trails would you ?
    Somehow me thinks not 🙄
    Of course, if it’s your xc/all rounder then fair enough. I wouldn’t want to get off no matter how much the suffering.
    Not worth the piss taking

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Some of us don’t have a choice.

Edric64
    Free Member

There is pride to protect ! get off and walk ? maybe off road if traction is lost but hardly ever on road

pennine
    Free Member

Some of us don’t have a choice

+1

RustySpanner

The point is….
    It doesn’t have to hurt ALL the time.

I quite like taking my bike for a walk now and then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Going for a walk?’ is closed to new replies.