Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • what’s the most pathetic thing you’ve shed a tear over recently?
  • alpin
    Free Member

you know. manly tears that on reflection you think “huh? WTF?”

mine would have to be just now after having watched that Grand Deigns with the tyre house. just felt really happy that they had achieved, on their own, what they had set out to do.

go on then…..

samuri
    Free Member

nothing at all. I was just sat looking out the window and this bloke walks past. He always has a fag in his mouth, I see him a lot and he always goes out, walks back about an hour later with two carrier bags filled with beer, crisps and biscuits.

The last time I saw him I was on my bike and I looked at him and he said ‘f*ck off’, and took a drag. If he wasn’t so pathetic I’d have took it up with him but he’s like an empty shell.

Anyway, I saw him walking past and the local shit-arse kids started ragging him. I went out and told them to eff off which started their bravado which I was happy to engage for a while this chap wandered off. When I got in I wa a bit upset about him.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

About half an hour ago when I read this :

#
    RudeBoy – Member

I’m a nurse in the NHS

You know what, it’s people like noteeth what are some of the bravest and most unselfish people in our society.

And God Bless each and every one of them. Saving lives, every day.

Do they get a parade?

Posted 50 minutes ago # Report-Post

I know it’s pathetic really, but I just couldn’t help it – it tugged at all my heart strings it did 😥

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh yeah, and whenever I read something in the newspapers about Princess Diana it sets me off.

“Please, no, I can’t any more of this drivel about the selfish, attention seeking, former professional clothes-buyer”, I weep.

🙁

user-removed
    Free Member

Watched a truly awful video made by Swiss animal rights activists in a Chinese fur farm.

If you want to have your soul indelibly stained, check out the PETA website, here; http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/dogcatfuruk.asp

I hate vegetarians, even though I’m married to one (!?) but watching these vids made me put my hand in my pocket. Dogs being skinned alive whilst hung upside down in a Chinese fur farm, desperately trying to right themselves to see what’s happening to them. Once they’re skinned, the still living carcasses are thrown on a heap – it’s a pathetic sight, watching these creatures trying to lick their wounds…

Warning – soul-staining content.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Whilst slicing a 1 inch diameter Onion – call that a vegetable, pathetic.

finbar
    Free Member

The final chapter of ‘For whom the bell tolls’, when Robert Jordan tells Maria to leave him behind.

Not that pathetic, maybe…

hora
    Free Member

Yesterday, in the car and I heard that records of 20million war dead have been found in France. Reminded me of my trip to Passendale. I shed a tear.

jova54
    Free Member

I was watching the programme on BBC2 yesterday about the Chelsea Pensioners.

Watching the two old Fusiliers at the Remembrance Day ceremony at the Fusiliers’ memorial brought a tear to my eye.

Luckily I was on my own so no-one noticed.

rOcKeTdOg

3 years ago whilst listening to ‘goodbye my lover’ by Blunt, just after splitting with my wife

BadlyWiredDog

It was when Fagus left the forum the other day. Awful and completely avoidable.

bullheart
    Free Member

Dogs Trust adverts. Regular as clockwork.

Considered a ‘hard meathead bastard’ by friends and colleagues, but as my other half will confirm, the sight of an animal in distress kicks me square in the nuts every time.

I took a former pupil of mine to Leeds Met Uni’s carnegie campus recently, as he’s trying to decide which place to go to. It was a lovely cold still Sunday morning, we wandered around the place chatting and came upon a male blackbird that wouldn’t move as we approached. I tried to pick it up, and noticed its dead partner six feet away. And it wouldn’t flinch, just sat there making a low chirruping noise.

Broke my heart. Started sniffing, then howling.

What a ****!

hora
    Free Member

petesgaff, I visited Manchester Dogs home recently. I had to walk out of the kennels. The small dogs and puppy section was surprisingly empty and the bigger dog section had upto 10 dogs sharing an area and of course due to the stress of being together they regularly fight each other. I say regularly I saw three fights in the short time I was in there. All the staff do is come out and bang on the cages. No offence to Manchester Dogs home, they are admirably trying to cope with peoples lifestyle and fickle choices 🙁

bullheart
    Free Member

Hora, I know what you mean. I went to the dogs trust in Leeds to get a ‘youngish bitch’ (leave it…) and came away with an old dog who simply wouldn’t show any emotion when in kennels. Therefore people had walked past him for 6 months. Got him out of the kennels and back home, and the daft t*at acts like a puppy now….

Christ, I think the recollection is starting me off… !

hora
    Free Member

Lots of people in our local park have rescuee’s from Manchester dogs home. They ALL says the samething petesgaff. Its almost as though their surpresed personality from birth is allowed out of all sudden. A couple had initial biting problems but its amazing how a dog forgets with the right treatment 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

petesgaff thats one of the saddest things I’ve heard 🙁

last time I shed a tear was when I was driving to work listening to the Dead Kennedy’s “holiday in Cambodia” at full volume whilst screaming along to it and driving far to fast.

“we all work harder with a gun in our back for a bowl of rice a day” oh the humanity! 😀

MrsTricky
    Free Member

Almost anything to do with kids and dogs can set me off. Anyone else sobbed through Rugrats in Paris?

MrsT

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

last time i cryed was when i enterd SSUK09

sc-xc

user-removed – Member

I hate vegetarians

What a strange thing to say.

marsdenman
    Free Member

as ever – the ‘please give us your money’ clips on Red Nose Day – or any similar event – Annie Lennox piece last night had me in bits….
    sat there, moaning about the finish on some of the work we’ve just had done on our place then faced by a bunch of 4 kids, oldest 13, all brothers, all their family dead from aids……
    Decided a few days ago that my fledgling business will donate to charity as a regular thing (time and money), last night reinforced that decision….

oh, and The Last Post gets me every time, without fail…………

Drac

Can’t post on here but I reckon it’s justifiable.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Perhaps not the most recent but one that always sticks in my mind.

I’ve been riding in the Peaks for more years than I care to remember. This one particular route had a lovely decent that popped out at the top of a cul-de-sac. Always there, every time, just laying in the sun was a golden retriever. He’d always jump up out of the way where he heard us coming. He was on the grass lawn out the front and never in the way but we always stopped to give hima bit of a fuss. Over the years, he got slower and slower in his movements, both getting out of the way and then coming over to say hello. However, one year, he just wasn’t there anymore. We tried kidding outselves that the owners have moved but no one really believed it.

BadlyWiredDog

It was the stress of passing mountain bikes as killed him…

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

During Slum Dog millionaire, but luckily it was dark!

BoardinBob

I haven’t cried in abouut 10 years. The wife regularly tells me I have a stone in place of a heart. 😆

MrNutt
    Free Member

petesgaff just for reference, Mrs Blackbird would have died of dehydration, poor Mr Blackbird probably wasn’t far behind.

my father came up with a neat solution which involved a clay flowerpot, a 60w bulb inside the plant pot connected to a car battery and a tin dog bowl sat in the top of the plant pot, that way the water didn’t freeze and all the birds could drink during the cold snap.

user-removed
    Free Member

user-removed – Member

I hate vegetarians

Sorry – I meant to say I hate miltant veggies of the kind found on the PETA site – the kind who would run you over for having a leather satchel.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the kind who would run you over for having a leather satchel.

Have you been having problems on the way to school ?

sc-xc

user-removed – Member

user-removed – Member

I hate vegetarians

Sorry – I meant to say I hate miltant veggies of the kind found on the PETA site – the kind who would run you over for having a leather satchel.

Aahhh, in that case I agree. I’m just a normal vegetarian.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘what’s the most pathetic thing you’ve shed a tear over recently?’ is closed to new replies.