Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • What's the most beautiful race bike, MTB or Road – no questions asked?
  • Downhille
    Free Member

I suppose it’s difficult to define a Race bike, but somehow I think including all fixies is stretching the definition a bit. I know you could race one on a velodrome but there must be a limit to what defines a race fixie, surely..? I believe Race means, could or has been used in a speed competition..no?

Chainline
    Free Member

My 1992 Master Olympic is up there for me…
    [/url]
    IMG_0270 by philip.pryor, on Flickr[/img]

HarYuken
    Free Member

Lovely bike Chainline. Can’t agree with the wheel choice though. It needs some nice silver Campy hubs on Open pros and some gumwall tyres to finish it all off 🙂

I have a ’97 Superissimo in a similar colourscheme.

aracer
    Free Member

there’s a nice set of pics, of Graeme Obree’s Old Faithful that I posted up on the 2nd page of this thread…

I was talking about the one he didn’t race at the ’96 Olympics (picture on the other thread), not that one. Here’s an article about it
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/obrees-big-stake-in-state-of-art-1349282.html

hock

If you noticed the bike first

you must have a huge screen! 🙂

the English stuff is pretty awesome!

Chainline
    Free Member

@HarYuken personal taste..an earlier incarnation here. I like both but on a personal note I love older steel frames with carbon/deep wheels/modern gruppo hence the carbon Record. I just don’t like the braking characteristics of carbon, not enough modulation in the dry and in the wet, well OMG. I rode the Tourmalet on it with deep section carbons, they don’t half go fast. I settled on the ACs cos I think they look good but also are aero enough..
    [/url]
    DSC_7913 by philip.pryor, on Flickr[/img]

Chainline
    Free Member

I love to look at this too, but it was this or the Colnago with the one in one out policy and the ‘nago won

[/url]
    P1000777 by philip.pryor, on Flickr[/img]

mustard
    Free Member

Chainline – the plant pot in the background of the second pic of the Colnago made me do a double take, I thought you had a basket on it!

and HarYuken I’ll say it before someone else does Campag please not Campy 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘What's the most beautiful race bike, MTB or Road – no questions asked?’ is closed to new replies.