Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • What's the bestest place you've been on holiday
  • Fat-boy-fat

Hey folks. Looking for inspiration. We’ve got a holiday (without any kids) coming up at the end of February and I’m looking for some ideas. Warm and good. Any thoughts?

blader1611
    Free Member

Mauritius – best holiday place ever, i even got married there.

tjagain

Kenya? 20 years ago but it was fantastic seeing heffalumps in the wild. Not that expensive either then
    Seychelles was fantastic as well

Warm really means outside of Europe apart from the Canary islands where I did enjoy a holiday even if it was like blackpool but warmer

Fat-boy-fat

Those are kind of where my thoughts have been. Not massively keen on the Canary Islands … must admit.

kilo

South Africa, cheapish too, a friend recommended Namibia as well

kilo

double post

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Barbados.

jimbobo
    Free Member

Ljubijana. Not warm, but cheap, nice, a bit different. Trip to lake Bled is a must. once got properly monged in metelkova but that might not be your thing.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Toss up between hawaii and lake garda. Food better in garda….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Trinidad and Canada

mefty
    Free Member

Botswana, Namibia or Mozambique

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Madagascar

frankconway

New Orleans

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Maldives, end of thread.

scuttler

Canaries are shit if you have no vision or enthusiasm to go anywhere other than where the tour and transfer buses go. If on the other hand you have a bit of a sense of adventure and don’t mind hiring a car then they’re a great source of cheap flights and accommodation out of season. Lanzarote or Tenerife for the win.

Helps if you can lead a conga or start a rendition of Agadoo though 😉

If you want somewhere off the beaten track try Lord Howe Island.

jimw
    Free Member

South Island New Zealand

Or St. Martin’s IOS

gauss1777
    Free Member

Cardiff?

somafunk

Either Zimbabwe or India.

njee20
    Free Member

Costa Rica probably.

themilo
    Free Member

Wow, Lord Howe island looks interesting. Bet there’s some big fish around those parts. Have you actually been Scuttler or is it a google maps fantasy like my Micronesia surf obsession?

gavinpearce
    Free Member

NZ and Chicago at Christmas.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Leeds then Cairns

scuttler

@themilo.

Been 🙂

Truly remarkable place that I saw a picture of when I was a kid and then many years later lived in the neighbouring (600km away) part of NSW at Port Macquarie that LHI shared the phone book with. Naturally I took the opportunity albeit via Sydney as that’s where the daily flights go from.

My parents who frequently go to Oz just came back from there after 10 years of me mithering them to go and they were equally impressed.

I will go back even though there’s plenty of other places equally deserving – Marquesas Islands for instance which is harder to get to than West Cornwall in August.

andos

Sri Lanka

Squirrel

Iceland. It’s warm indoors and definitely good 8)

Alphabet

February holiday?

Shirley that means heading to the slopes?

the-stw-ski-snowboard-thread-the-2016-2017-season

curto80
    Free Member

Argentina and Uruguay. It’s not even a contest.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Queensland for me.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

east coast of Australia, East coast of thailand and Hong Kong are the only places Ive ever been to that are warm in feb.

jimdubleyou

Easter Island is pretty special.

Can also recommend Bora Bora & Moorea in French Polynesia and Aitutaki in the Cook Islands.

Whilst you’re over that way, you might as well pop in on New Zealand.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Warm and good.

Budget, or no expense spared?

scuttler

Throwing the rest of my Pacific Island cards into the ring – what JimDubleYou said. NZ > Tahiti > Catamaran across Society Islands, LAN Chile flights to Easter Island > South America. Could be pricey though.

yossarian
    Free Member

Sheerness

myti
    Free Member

Western Australia last winter… Only holiday I haven’t wanted to come home from and cried when I got home.

Ambrose

Lesotho.

I’ve been many times. I plan to live and work there one day, even if only for a year or so. I have never, ever met a more welcoming people.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Warm in February? That rules out everywhere I’ve been. I’m thinking of Reykjavik for next February/March.

I think the best place I’ve been is probably New York City but it certainly isn’t warm there in February. Nor I suppose would Vancouver, Banff, Canmore, Calgary, Toronto or Niagara Falls. Or Stockholm.

nathb
    Free Member

NYC

Ambrose

Reykjavik is wonderful, but Akureyri/ Myvatn are even better. Even in February. One of the most chilled and relaxed places to be. Husavik too, if you like whales, harbours and amazing seafood.

nasher
    Free Member

Lesotho.

I’ve been many times. I plan to live and work there one day, even if only for a year or so. I have never, ever met a more welcoming people.

My guide keeps on telling me to go there, and set up some mtb there…. will be there next winter..

Kato

Cambodia. Loved every minute of it. People, scenery, food… Fantastic

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘What's the bestest place you've been on holiday’ is closed to new replies.