Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Whats on the menu tonight…?
  • rj
    Free Member

Leek and shallot tart, roast spuds, roast tomatoes and a really quite decent Italian tempranillo.

thefettler
    Free Member

Last night it was rabbet stew,rabbet humanly euthanized with a very nice head shot from about 90m!

CheesybeanZ

fettler , nice shot .22?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Salmon fillets with a chili and salt coating served with crushed new potatoes/ spring onions and creamed leeks/ shallots mmmmm

thefettler
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ – Member
    22 Mag

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Some nice stuff on here. I thought this sounded fab:

cola baked ham glazed with mustard, marmalade and maple syrup

The bacon-y stuffed chicken breast worked well BTW and the vin turned out to be a cheeky chardonnay.

langy
    Free Member

Fat Elvis – thanks for supporting MY local economy with the reisling; out of interest who was it from Sevenhills? intrigued to know what is available back in the Olde Country to direct friends to.

Joolz – mmmmm…Kleftico… been far too long since I've been to Greece and had that. If the Wife wasn't Veggie, I'd jump on that recipe!!

For us, Veggie Bolognaise with Gluten Free Spaghetti; about to head to the Bottl-O/Offie to ponder the local microbrews for inspiration.

marsdenman
    Free Member

'Take and bake' steak pie by the local butcher – so good and so cheap it really is not worth making your own… with a load of veg (no spuds)
    Probably open a bottle of something red to go with…..

darrell
    Free Member

just made a thai chicken curry – great pick me up after a few shandys last night

TN
    Free Member

Today it is J's turn to cook.
    He's in the kitchen making the dough for pizzas.
    Mine will have black olives, chilli and sundried tomatoes on it. His will have chillis, olives and dirty capers (yuk) on it.
    I might have a glass of red with mine, if we have any in the house…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

buzz-lightyear – Member

Some nice stuff on here. I thought this sounded fab:

cola baked ham glazed with mustard, marmalade and maple syrup

buzz, it was mate, and dead simple, take one gammon joint (mine was a kilo), put in saucepan, add blackpepper, two onions quartered and 2 litres of coca cola, and boil for about 3 hours, when done heat oven, melt marmalade and maple syrup together in a pan, remove ham from cola and cut off fat, score and cover exposed area where fat was with mustard, and then with marmalade, syrup mixture, put in oven and bake for about half an hour, then carve/pull apart and enjoy,

todays menu is homemade steak and guiness pie with mash

saleem
    Free Member

Ron you should try the same method with Jacobs ladder

bri-72

Venison with black pudding, parsnip puree and redcurrant jus. Must spend less time watching masterchef methinks.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Roast Pork, Potatoes roasted in goose fat, braised red cabbage & sprouts with pancetta and a dash of maple syrup…finished with a cider jus. Yum Yum.

derek_starship
    Free Member

the fettler

Nice shot.

.22 mag – Ruger? What glass? How does it moderate?

DS

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mash pots with sweet corn mixed in.

Faggots and sprouts. PPPrrrrrrrrrrrp. 😯

kiwijohn

Half caramel mud cake, half double decker white chocolate & dark chocolate mud cake.
    Om. Nom. Nom.

colnagokid

pizza and 1664, Im a sophisticated type of guy 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

chorizo and butternut squash risotto. Also made some soup with the rest of the squash.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Quick chicken casserole – pre-cooked chicken drumsticks, garlic, onion cooked in oil, carrot, parsnip, stock, pepper, random herbs, cornflour to thicken. Used some stock to prepare couscous.

Would have used bacon, but I've eaten too much bacon this week!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Would have used bacon, but I've eaten too much bacon this week!

i'm sorry but i don't understand this sentence, are you ill?

BillMC

Turkey and ham pie, f and f pie, salad, Beck's and Oyster Bay, bliss (no work tomorrow).

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Whats on the menu tonight…?’ is closed to new replies.