Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • What's Middleton like?
  • cheekyboy
    Free Member

Oh and another thing its pronounced Miggleton

unovolo
    Free Member

newton heath

Really!!!!!!!!! wifes a Health visitor there and she says its the biggest shithole going makes Gorton look like Alderley Edge in comparison.

Dysfunctional families are the norm there, one visit she was going to had the other end of the street cordoned off as some guy had set fire to his(ex)girlfriend or something! definetly a place to avoid.

dannyh
    Free Member

I thought this was a kiss and tell thread about Pippa Middleton. Is disappoint.

globalti
    Free Member

Isn’t Middleton the place with the massive bakery that makes all the McDonalds buns or is that Heywood?

Whatever, anywhere on that side of Manchester is close to these guys’ stamping ground: http://www.industrialfellbiking.co.uk/

and this guy’s: http://idonohoe.com/

Harry_the_Spider

That’s Heywood/Pilsworth.

Blimey, the IFB. That takes me back.

ratherbeintobago

The only thing its got going for it is that it isn’t Heywood

I thought Hopwood was meant to be OK? And bits of Bamford are technically Heywood…

Bits of it are nice, Rhodes

Anyone know what Palla Bikes are like? Drive past it on my way to Crumpsall but have never been in.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Isn’t Middleton the place with the massive bakery that makes all the McDonalds buns or is that Heywood?

Goldenwest at Pilsworth

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Goldenwest [/S] GUENTHER at Pilsworth

Clover

Still don’t get why people live in Manchester when you can live a 30 minute train journey from Victoria and surrounded by hills and moors. Todmorden for me. Not expensive. Ride from the door. Same goes for Littleborough.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Bregante – As I’m now back living in Heywood, I still think it’s a lynching offence 🙂

binners

Clover…. ssssssssshhhhhhhh. We don’t want the likes of this riffraff moving out to the nice scenic bits, with the great riding from your door 😉

Is it Middleton that smells of vinegar from the Sarsons factory? Or is that technically Chadderton? It used to make me fancy a chip barm whenever I rode past it anyway.

dazh

I have the pleasure riding past the Sarsons factory on my commute. Hated it at first, but now have a strange liking for the smell of cooking malt. It’s at Mills Hill, which is between Chadderton and Middleton. It’s the last station before victoria so people there often don’t manage to get on the train as it’s too full and always look massively pissed off about it. Or maybe that’s because they live in Mills Hill?

RustyNissanPrairie

it also has a massive foam factory (Vita), not that its very exciting.

unovolo
    Free Member

Been in that Sarsons factory years ago when I used to work in the Pest control industry, certain parts you would think you were in a Cider brewery.

Hated it at first, but now have a strange liking for the smell of cooking malt.

I miss the smell of brewing malt whilst passing through Strangeways/Cheetham hill area.

RustySpanner

Mills Hill’s not bad and Chaddy Park down the road is very pleasant.

Lots of nice pubs out that way too.

As above, Boar’s Head is a great pub, as is the Ringers just up the hill opposite.
    Used to drink in Midd all the time in the 80’s and early 90’s, all the really dodgy pubs have gone now along with a couple of little gems.

The Brunswick was often both at the same time.
    Great jukebox though.
    🙂

ransos
    Free Member

Still don’t get why people live in Manchester when you can live a 30 minute train journey from Victoria and surrounded by hills and moors. Todmorden for me. Not expensive. Ride from the door. Same goes for Littleborough.

Some people prefer cities to small towns.

Harry_the_Spider

Childcare and my wife’s commute is the reason why we don’t live up t’ valley. However, if we had moved I would now live within 50m of Chez Binners.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Trouble with many Lancashire towns and villages Tod etc, as beautiful as the surrounding areas are, is they spend some winters submerged so you have to be really careful where you buy. Unless you like 10,000 pa insurance premiums if you can get insurance at all!

ratherbeintobago

We’re on the nice side of Rochdale, and on a hill which gets round the flooding problem.

Unlike our electricity sub-station which is on the river Roch and flooded last Christmas…

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘What's Middleton like?’ is closed to new replies.