Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What's it worth..I'm not looking to sell just see what you think Labyrinth frame
  • YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I have just bought this new from my LBS it had been hanging there for a little while. It’s a 2013 (current) Labyrinth Agile frame. It was missing the dropouts and shock as they had been used on another customers bike.

I have just bought a whole set of dropouts from Labyrinth in France and plan to use my RP23 off my current frame. All in all it should owe me under £500.00. Not bad for a £1600 rrp

I think it was a bargain at it’s sale price but just wondered what people thought?

Have you any opinions on the frame/bike? I’m coming from a Meta 6 (09) with a Gravity orientated set up- I do climb but slowly, the downs are my thing.

Cheers all!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Its light isn’t it? thought it’d be better at going up than down, although can’t imagine its a slouch going down.
    So you don’t want to sell?

metalheart
    Free Member

I rode an agile on an extended demo (put about 10 hours on it) a couple years back and I really liked it.

It did have a degree slackset on it and Bos (with matched rear shock) 160mm forks which gave it a 66 HA.

I found it a pretty decent climber (although with the slackset it had a tendency to feel like it was going to wheel flop), and (bizarrely for me) found great in the air, handled nice and did what I wanted it too. I didn’t push it though, mostly it was ridden in wooded singletrack. My only real gripe was the seat tube angle, but I’d’ve got used to it.

It was a toss up between the agile and the rocket. It was right around Bos changing distributors and that as much as anything put me off (oh, and being a Cotic fanboi….)

Here’s a photo of the demo at the top of an hours grannie gear climb….

Agile #1 by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts guys.

My meta has morphed into a bit too much of a decender anyway to be honest. So something that is a proper all rounder would be good. I already have a DH bike for the steep stuff.

Thanks for your experiences of the Agile- it does sound pretty good from all the sources I’ve found. I can’t find anyone in the UK who does them but dealing direct was seamless and stress free. I actually had a response to my enquiry about dropouts at 9am after my email the evening before. I have been told my parts will arrive within 48h which is good.

I may well seek a 44mm slack set for it if I decide it needs it. For now I have a normal flush fit one. I’m going to run the Rp23 and a set of brand new Suntour Durolux RC2’s at 160mm

I AM ALWAYS open to an offer if you were interested. I shouldn’t really have bought it bearing in mind it’s xmas and the wife and I are expecting but I just couldn’t help it!

Cheers all

metalheart
    Free Member

R53 Sport was the uk distributor back then (they also were Bos at the time).

http://www.r53sport.com/labyrinth-bikes.asp

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Thanks Metalheart.

I have spoken to George at R53 who was most helpful. While they have some bits knocking about they didn’t have the dropouts unfortunately.

Thanks again

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Wouldn’t buy without having demo the real thing.

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

Pawsy- I almost never demo bikes first. I generally go for boutique or obscure brands so often can’t find one to try. As long as the geometry and the suspension design looks good I normally take the plunge. Things don’t leach cash if you look after them anyway, so if I don’t get on with it I’ll sell and buy something else.

Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth..I'm not looking to sell just see what you think Labyrinth frame’ is closed to new replies.