Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • PSA Homeland Season 4 on channel4 now
  • kimbers

Well its started at 9

I reckon the CIA will resurrect Brodie as a zombie

lazybike
    Free Member

Might tape it..just to see if Brodies wife gets her kit off again.

geoffj

I’m half way through series 2 at the moment. The introspective Carrie mental health issues are becoming a little tiresome. Please tell me it gets better?

lazybike
    Free Member

Don’t know..I gave up.

Underhill
    Free Member

Stay with it geoffj. Just finished series 3 last week. Brilliant tv

johnny

Tonights was a typically great start- it’s pretty edgy, by mainstream US terms at least…the only thing is, I missed the first 5 minutes and can’t remember what happened at the end of last season…Brody is…dead!?

nickdavies

Yep… and they’ve cut out everything that ruined the last couple of seasons…
    Including his bloody whinging daughter!

t_i_m
    Free Member

they’ve cut out … his bloody whinging daughter!

Good. Will continue to watch this then. She was the Jar Jar Binks of the show.

DezB
    Free Member

[warning:The below may contain spoiler]

Was it me, or was the bit where Carrie and thingy drove in on their own to rescue that bloke who ended up getting stomped, pretty silly and unrealistic?

freeagent
    Free Member

Very silly and unrealistic – there would be world war 3 if the Iranians executed an American Government agent.

lazybike
    Free Member

Hell yeah…

binners

Watched it last night and thought just about everything about it was completely ridiculous. Not that thats necessarily a bad thing though.

DezB
    Free Member

Very silly and unrealistic

Not that thats necessarily a bad thing though.

True! It was the best bit 🙂

zbonty

If they were brave enough to let him blow everyone up at the end of the first series and ended it there it would have been better.

lazybike
    Free Member

If they were brave enough to let him blow everyone up at the end of the first series and ended it there it would have been better.

+1

DaRC_L

Soo what I liked (I use the term advisably) is that they put a CIA agent with known mental problems into a front line, press the button & innocent people die situation…
    then wonder why it all goes down the proverbial 😆

hammyuk
    Free Member

Septics – what could possibly go wrong?……

binners

DaRC_L – Mrs Binners reaction to the first 5 minutes was ‘what… so she was absolutely hatstand bonkers at the end of last serious, but now she’s in charge of everything? In a war zone? That seems pretty realistic’

DrJ

‘what… so she was absolutely hatstand bonkers at the end of last serious, but now she’s in charge of everything? In a war zone? That seems pretty realistic’

But you have to admit, it would explain a lot …

binners

Actually….. makes perfect sense

DezB
    Free Member

Right, so Homeland. I’m still watching it, but really wondering why… is it me, or has this series turned totally stupid and shit?

Houns

It would better if they killed Carey (or however it’s spelt) off

And as Im watching it a week in advance I could post a spoiler about my theory about a character

footflaps

You mean the one from Spooks? I reckon he’ll turn out to be on Carey’s side.

Episode 7 was quite good.

DezB
    Free Member

It would better if they killed Carey off

Yeah, but she’s all it’s about now!

brakes
    Free Member

good bits, bad bits.
    don’t like Carey, but I’m not sure you’re supposed to.
    I like it.

njee20
    Free Member

We watched about 15 minutes of episode 1 this season and gave up. It was great with Brody in it, but without him (and the associated plotlines) it’s just a CIA drama. Not a bad thing, but not really what I liked about it!

Houns

No, Brody

Oops

brakes
    Free Member

you should have kept watching njee20, it got better. not as good admittedly.

stanfree
    Free Member

Stopped about 2 episodes into season 3 , It got really tiresome very quickly.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

This season is turning out far better than season 3, which was one season too many with Brody.

jimjam
    Free Member

robgclarkson

This season is turning out far better than season 3, which was one season too many with Brody.

I would agree with that. Typical American hit series – why have a concise, exciting story when we can string it out for an extra year with lots of extraneous filler and melodrama. Call it character development. I think the Brody storyline had gone well beyond the boundaries of believability.

DezB
    Free Member

..the Brody storyline had gone well beyond the boundaries of believability

Are you watching the latest one? Believability??! Carey’s seduction of that kid?
    Carey in general. It’s such utter nonsense!
    I think I’ll spend my last waking hour on a Sunday watching something less silly.

hmm.. just had a thought. Maybe I did only watch the previous series for Mrs. Brodie…

footflaps

It was only supposed to have one series with Brody in it, but Damian Lewis was so good, they kept him in it. Series 4 is how it was originally intended to be, CIA spooks drama….

For Alex Gansa, the show’s co-creator alongside Howard Gordon, putting the focus firmly back on Mathison was the natural progression. “We’d always intended to show Mathison in the field – it was supposed to happen in season two but the response to Brody was so strong,” he says. “While Damian is a huge loss, Brody’s death has brought a big chapter of Homeland to a close and forced us to push forward into new territories. Howard and I always envisaged Homeland as a show about one particular character, Carrie, and this season gives us a chance to go back to that.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/features/claire-danes-interview-homeland-and-carrie-are-back-and-on-form-9787257.html

jimjam
    Free Member

DezB

Are you watching the latest one? Believability??! Carey’s seduction of that kid?
    Carey in general. It’s such utter nonsense!

Compared to the Brody storyline with it’s dozens of twists, I find it’s a bit more grounded in some reality. If I recall correctly Carrie originally seduced Brody purely as a means to an end, so her doing it again is at least plausible. It looks like they are trying to draw her as a character willing to do anything to accomplish her goals and then see how far the audience will buy into that. It might not be documentary accurate, but it’s not supposed to be, it’s entertainment.

On a side note, apparently there is/was a real life CIA operative who was the inspiration for both Carrie and Maya from Zero Dark Thirty. I wonder if she used similar recruitment techniques in real life.

freeagent
    Free Member

Utter pish – my wife still watches it, but for me it lost all credibility when the Iranians killed Brodie.

jamj1974

This season is rubbish. Carrie has become a much less sympathetic character and one-dimensional. Saul having a smaller and less pivotal role and the lack of Brodie has had a massive negative impact.

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I guess the reason we didn’t persist with it was that it felt like a new programme starting season 4, and one which didn’t grab us. Not saying it’s not good, but I’m basically happy to consider it finished at the end of Season 3!

binners

We stuck with it until the third episode, hoping it might pick up, when Mrs Binners helpfully pointed out, even before the first ad break: “this is absolutely shite!”

She’s rarely wrong, and she was spot on this time!

toby1

Sounds like there’s a lot on here will be glad I’macelebritygetmeoutofhere is back, I’ll stick to daft incomprehensible TV’s shows where people often end up with a bullet in the head as opposed to where you just wish they would.

binners

Good for you! Let us know if anything remotely plausible happens, won’t you?

In return I’ll keep you posted on how Mel Sykes is getting on. Its only fair 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘PSA Homeland Season 4 on channel4 now’ is closed to new replies.