Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What's it worth? Anything at all???
  • lister

So we’re just talking the frame here, 93 or 94 Cinder Cone.
    It’s currently in the shed, I haven’t ridden it for 10 years and I’ve finally realised I’m never going to…the random parts were a single speed experiment gone wrong.
    I know the default answer is ask on retrobike but that forum is all but inpenetrable for us mortals…can’t wor out what’s going on or what they are talking about!
    So if I was to ebay it (it’s got the original DX front mech!) any idea if it would sell?
    Condition is good to shabby depending on your point of view for a well ridden near-20 year old bike!

Cheers.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As it is, probably around the £110 – £140 mark. If you had the original P2 Forks, a bit more.

I paid £95 for a ’92 Cindercone frame with P2s, Velocity stem and XTR headset and thought it was a fair price.

It’s a nice frame, look after it or sell it to someone that will ride it! 🙂

“Old Konas never die, they just loose their gears”

lister

I got it with RockShox Quadras which I snapped trying the road jump at the Malverns. aheadset and RST Mozo Pros were fitted in the campsite in the dark!
    Never did work out were the Velocity stem went…
    Really over £100!!!???

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Frames have been about £70 and whole bikes about £100 on ebay recently

soma_rich
    Free Member

Its definatly a ’93:

I would say £50-£60 for the frame £90-£120 for the bike

lister

Sorry, just to clarify, when you say £90-120 for the bike, do you mean the bike in my picture, or an intact 93 Cinder Cone?
    Ta

thepodge
    Free Member

I got my 92 CC for £110, pretty much all original parts but in a mess.

there are really only 2 people who would buy it. those who just want a cheap hack bike and don’t care that its an old kona in which case it holds little value. and those who want an old kona but they probably want it as close to original as possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What's it worth? Anything at all???’ is closed to new replies.