Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • whats a good radio?
  • bobbyatwork
    Free Member

want one for the kitchen whilst i cook…sick of sitting int car finishing off programmes…do i need a dab one or not?

ta

peteimpreza

Tunein on your smartphone/tablet?

relliott6879
    Free Member

We’ve got a Pure DAB radio (does FM too) that also has an iPod dock built into the top. Doesn’t go massively loud, but it’s fine for the kitchen. A nice feature is that when you turn it on, it automatically scans for available DAB stations and sets the clock. I think we paid about £60.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I had an early dab and was very disappointed with it.

I’d second the smartphone, get a set of external speakers and stream the radio from phone, we use the house wifi and bbc iPlayer for “catch up” eg archers omnibus or live, eg last nights champions league on 5live

alfabus
    Free Member

squeezebox radio 🙂 massively overkill compared to what you suggested, but its brilliant, and will give you full bbc iplayer listen again.

Dave

ashfanman
    Free Member

We’ve got one of the Roberts ones. Look nice (if you like that kind of thing) and the sound quality is pretty good too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

pure one does my kitchen

DAB is the bollocks love planet rock when working in the garage

fasthaggis

I also bought the re-chargeable battery ( pricey ,but lasts for ages),so it gets used in the shed and all over the house.

nicko74

Radio 2.

IGMC

nickswolves
    Free Member

Another PURE DAB owner here, I have the Elite which is great http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-61035

Blower
    Free Member

pure oasis

real nice sound to it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats what i have nick – great thing – programmed to come on at weekdays at 6am and go off at 6.30 – lets me catch the news for the day without even thinking about it !

grum
    Free Member

Roberts RD 22 I got cheap after a PSA on here – it’s great.

petrieboy

Sonos play3 – massive overkill as per the Logitech above but it does everything brilliantly. I listen to a lot more radio now than I thought I would.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘whats a good radio?’ is closed to new replies.