Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What would you give up cycling for?
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

+3 for Natalie Imbruglia

Kunstler

I am Natalie Imbruglia and I wouldn’t give up cycling for anything.

rob2
    Free Member

Natalie imbruglia would be like a wizards sleeve by now after all these replies!

I’d give up to have a special power like spiderman or a Jedi or similar.

Oh, or some uninterrupted sleep with children not waking all night!

Wookster

Hopefully nothing will ever stop me riding! Otherwise I’ll end up doing a micheal Douglas in falling down one day at work! But if it was family then it would gave to go.

cyclebiker

Kelly brook or kylie

TimP
    Free Member

I have been out about 5 times in the last year and every time I think I need to get out more on my bike, but a combination of the Mrs, Jnr and rugby mean I don’t have the time. Played on Saturday and I get the same buzz at the end of a game as I do at the end of the ride. We won 47-7 against a team we lost against earlier in the season by a point. We were demolished in the front row where I was playing, so by full time I could barely pick up my daughter. I am in bits today still, and looking at having my knees sorted at the end of the season, so summer riding may be limited this year, but I wouldn’t go back and miss a second of any game I have played or any of the miserable nights training in the cold and rain.
    So in answer, I have effectively stopped biking at the moment for rugby and my family (and lack of money to get any decent lights to night ride). I do know that the bikes are always there though, calling at me from the shed…
    I do need to get in some riding before MM for Team Bullheart, which I know will make me want to put me off having my knees done this summer!

jonb
    Free Member

I used to kayak a lot. Owned several boat did most disciplines (polo, slalom, river race, sea, whitewater, marathon). Thought I’d be doing it forever. Trouble is it became really difficult to organise white water trips as you need both a group of people and the right weather to make it happen so it rarely did. I never really found good clubs in Somerset or Newcastle. I still own a boat and paddle a couple of times a year but not the 4 times a weak I did a few years ago.

Same might happen to biking although there are really good road and mtb clubs in Newcastle which makes it less likely.

I’m sure there are other sports out there that could take it’s place.

Like the idea of surfing if I ever move somewhere warmer (did a bit in Somerset). Could do some long distance fell running, walking, water polo, kayaking, hockey all things I’ve done before and got quite into.

If my GF asked me to give up biking I’d leave. Not because I like biking more but I wouldn’t like the question.

james-o
    Free Member

Mountaineering, if i lived in the Alps. Until i got scared off it and went back to bikes as a safer option )

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What would you give up cycling for?’ is closed to new replies.