Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • What would you do with a windfall?
  • cheers_drive

I’d clear any non mortgage debt then spend it on something I’s never be able to save up to do otherwise. Holiday of a lifetime.
    Unless it was a real bind I wouldn’t put it towards the mortgage as it’s cheap debt and I wouldn’t appreciate the extra money each month.

Edric64
    Free Member

I would put 30kdown on a flat somewhere cheap and rent it out using the rental to pay the mortgage .I may have some income in my retirement then as I cant afford a pension

zippykona

We came into £30400 recently. £400 went on an iPad the rest went off the mortgage.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Deluded liking your idea especially with current situation 😉

deluded
    Free Member

MC,

That’s wholly why I suggested it – let the storm continue, whilst you’re off out of it for a while!

No lateral moves or promotions where I am – nothing. For the first time in three and a half years there’s a possibility of some DS’s boards at the end of the year but that’s gonna be one hell of a bun-fight between an overabundance of decent ‘qualifieds’ force wide … and what with Windsor … I’m giving serious thought about what I might do with the next twenty or so years of my working life. Never thought I’d say that. Hey, ho – got a job though I suppose 😛

johndoh
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    We came into £30400 recently. £400 went on an iPad the rest went off the mortgage.
    POSTED 6 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

Similar here – £80k, £400 on an iPad, the rest in my flexible mortgage account. Rather have mum and dad than the money but there you go. At least (if I try) I can pay off my mortgage in the next 3 years now.

imnotamused
    Free Member

I was always brought up with the mantra of my “mr spendy” early years bank account – spend half, save half. So… I’d put half into my mortgage without hesitation, use 6 towards a new car, 7 for a new kitchen (to satisfy my wife) and 2k into a bike upgrade (to partly satisfy me for some months). Easy.

mt
    Free Member

make an apple pie, have wind fall every year with apple trees.

singletrackmind

I’d buy some apple trees
    Make cider every year from the windfall.
    I think?

samuri
    Free Member

Mortgage. Simple as. It sounds boring but it makes an absolute massive difference to the rest of your lives.

yunki
    Free Member

get some new lights.. 😐

Got around £13k from redundancy and set up my own business – turn over £100k with half of that being profit/earnings.

Sometime in the next decade will get around £80k from the outlaws, which will have to be sat on for a few years to avoid capital gains – will either pay off mortgage, or invest in property for a retirement fund as the pension I no longer pay into is worth sod all.

£30k at the mo would probably clear debts and give us a bit to play with.

djglover
    Free Member

We’ve been lucky enough to have several ‘windfalls’ mainly through saving hard but making some lucky investments over the past 10 years. Almost all has been reinvested in our property, extending and paying off the mortgage. I haven’t got an I pad and all my bikes and cars are old and second hand but I should be mortgage free by 38 🙂

LenHankie

1: A much needed holiday. 2: Nursery care for our 3 yr old to give my wife a bit of a break. 3: Mortgage.

Oh, and coke and whores obviously, just so that doesn’t sound too sensible.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

God were all boring bassturds(including me).Surely leaving this hellhole of a country and living rather than existing would be a better aim for us all.

samuri
    Free Member

Bye.

alpin
    Free Member

God were all boring bassturds(including me).Surely leaving this hellhole of a country and living rather than existing would be a better aim for us all.

go on then… do it. i did and the grass aint always greener.

no matter where you are you will find something to moan about…..

Northwind

I’ve blow a load on bike bits, foreign travel, some serious bike riding. The rest I’d waste.

walla24
    Free Member

def do some travel! will open your eyes.
    But if you have commitments…you know what you have to do

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I,d rather live in North Korea.A much more equal society.

lunge

£25k on mortgage/house improvements/savings.
    £5k on fun stuff, probably a good holiday, possibly a pair of carbon wheels!

eugeo81
    Free Member

Build a new log house in Estonia (where my other half originally comes from). Pretty good MTB marathon series over there so that would give me something to do.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What would you do with a windfall?’ is closed to new replies.